Inn the news October 11, 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[tr]

Vets can stay free at bed and breakfast inns
The Detroit News
The Hudson Inn Bed & Breakfast in downtown Romeo has joined hundreds of inns and B&Bs throughout the US and Canada to honor active and retired veterans with free rooms on either Nov. 10 or 11 in celebration of Veteran's Day. The campaign, called B&Bs ...
See all stories on this topic »
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

MCD sealing whip on foreign guests
Times of India
Barely four days after the critical operation and still recuperating at a bed-and-breakfast facility at Kishangarh, he was suddenly jolted from his sleep and thrown out of Surya Niwas by MCD's sealing machinery . Mata Ambangene Bieudonne , 52, ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[tr]

Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott welcome baby girl
Zap2it.com (blog)
Tori Spelling and husband Dean McDermott have moved on from running a bed and breakfast to making beautiful babies. Life and Style Magazine reports that the couple welcomed a baby girl on Monday (Oct. 10); the baby was due next week, but Spelling ...
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[tr]

Honor + Folly bed and breakfast -- coming soon
Model D
Detroit's newest bed-and-breakfast will offer guests a dose of original style along with their pillow and key. Meghan McEwen, founder of the amazingly cool DesignTripper blog, posted a few thoughts on her latest venture, Honor + Folly, which will bring ...
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Lifestyle and heritage mix well
Stock and Land
Originally this building had a basic one bedroom living area by the Harveys had added a living-dining area, a pot belly stove and a bathroom, making it perfect for family and potentially as a bed and breakfast. The second bluestone building is a ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[tr]

Mercury Cafe plants and harvests produce from its very own Moon Dog Farms
Westword (blog)
"Milan Doshi, the owner of the Queen Anne Bed and Breakfast, and I run into each other all the time in the park across from where the farm is," says Marilyn Megenity, who owns the Mercury. "He started Five Points Fermentation and then connected with ...
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[tr]

Roadtrip to Northcentral PA the Artisan Way
NorthcentralPa.com
This bed and breakfast is furnished with antiques, yet has the modern amenities like AC and Wi-Fi (like you'll be using that anyway). Private and perfect in every way. Lewisburg-On the way to Lewisburg, we recommend stopping at Mifflinburg to ...
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

A few ideas and tips on how to run a Dundee hotel.
Eva-News (press release)
Make sure to choose a professionally run Dundee hotel. A bed and breakfast offering the same service may save a few pounds. If you are looking for somewhere to stay, you can't go far wrong choosing a Dundee hotel located in the West End of the city.
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Letters: The nightmare on Lighthouse
Monterey County Herald
Maybe the decision-makers in Monterey could spend a night in a Pacific Grove motel or bed and breakfast and commute to work around 7:45 am (to be part of the Defense Language Institute morning rush). I, for one, think I will need a boat if I ever need ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

People object to Pentex application
Towanda Daily Review
Speaking in the evening, Charles Gerlach, who said he has an organic farm and bed and breakfast, had environmental concerns about the gas industry, and said "Stop the pipeline and stop fracking in Pennsylvania." He expressed concern about the impact of ...
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

Bad experience at a Bed and Breakfast | United States Forum ...
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sarah Kendall Inn in Newport Rhode Island. When we arrived we were told we could park in back, which we did. The parking ...
Bad experience at a Bed and Breakfast | United States Forum ... My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sarah Kendall Inn in Newport Rhode Island. When we arrived we were told we could park in back, which we did. The parking ... www.fodors.com/.../bad-experience-at-a-bed-and-breakfast.cf...
Note from JB - We had a 32 foot ladder recently from ground to roof level (roped to the roof for stability for the next day's work), which I asked DH to remove as guests might think we are perve's, he thought it was ridiculous, but he does not come to this forum, or read inn the news or in any way innlightened to "How people are" he avoids them for the most part. This is why our "weird" quirky innsights come in handy as innkeepers. We know people like THIS are lurking out there, maybe at our inn.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sarah Kendall Inn in Newport Rhode Island. When we arrived we were told we could park in back, which we did. The parking ...
Bad experience at a Bed and Breakfast | United States Forum ... My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sarah Kendall Inn in Newport Rhode Island. When we arrived we were told we could park in back, which we did. The parking ... www.fodors.com/.../bad-experience-at-a-bed-and-breakfast.cf...
Note from JB - We had a 32 foot ladder recently from ground to roof level (roped to the roof for stability for the next day's work), which I asked DH to remove as guests might think we are perve's, he thought it was ridiculous, but he does not come to this forum, or read inn the news or in any way innlightened to "How people are" he avoids them for the most part. This is why our "weird" quirky innsights come in handy as innkeepers. We know people like THIS are lurking out there, maybe at our inn..
Joey Bloggs said:
Note from JB - We had a 32 foot ladder recently from ground to roof level (roped to the roof for stability for the next day's work), which I asked DH to remove as guests might think we are perve's, he thought it was ridiculous, but he does not come to this forum, or read inn the news or in any way innlightened to "How people are" he avoids them for the most part. This is why our "weird" quirky innsights come in handy as innkeepers. We know people like THIS are lurking out there, maybe at our inn.
DId you read the responses to the complaint? Nobody is sure exactly what they are actually complaining about!

Note from JB - We had a 32 foot ladder recently from ground to roof level (roped to the roof for stability for the next day's work), which I asked DH to remove as guests might think we are perve's, he thought it was ridiculous, but he does not come to this forum, or read inn the news or in any way innlightened to "How people are" he avoids them for the most part. This is why our "weird" quirky innsights come in handy as innkeepers. We know people like THIS are lurking out there, maybe at our inn..
Joey Bloggs said:
DId you read the responses to the complaint? Nobody is sure exactly what they are actually complaining about!
Yes I read it.

We have been waiting for weeks to clean out the gutters on the house. The rainwater is running over the edges, down the side of the house, down the windows, etc. No can do. Guests in the rooms. Can't be seen lurking on the roof or on a ladder outside a room window. Maybe tomorrow.

Back