Inn the news October 12, 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revenue at small hotels not keeping up with expenses
Sun-Sentinel
... a inn with more limited amenities, said hotel consultant Greg Bohan of Pinnacle Advisory Group and a former owner of a bed-and-breakfast in Vermont. ...
excerpt:
"People used to think it was a premium service to know the innkeeper and sit in the living room. The younger generation is not necessarily seeing the value in that. They want more the glitz and glamour of something like the W," Bohan said. "It's hard to be trendy when you have 12 rooms."

"I decided I needed something besides my knitting to keep me busy," she said.
Panel OKs local B&B proposal
Northern Virginia Daily
She hopes to turn the farmhouse at 292 Hite Lane into a bed-and-breakfast. Stalnaker, 73, told the commission and the supervisors, who were holding a joint ...

Panel OKs local B&B proposal
Northern Virginia Daily
She hopes to turn the farmhouse at 292 Hite Lane into a bed-and-breakfast. Stalnaker, 73, told the commission and the supervisors, who were holding a joint ....
Oh Geez...and she is 73... how does she plan on keeping up with all this will entail??? Maybe she has a farmer's constitution. SHe isn't the first in that area so they do know what a B & B is. All I can say is Good luck! I will keep an eye out for this one.

Back