Inn the news October 22, 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Light Station gets new innkeepers
San Francisco Chronicle
If you've always dreamed of living on a tiny island, or running a bed and breakfast - or both at the same time - you're out of luck. ...
JB Edited to add - watch the video with tub in room - HOLY COW, now what do you think about a tub in the room? SHEESH TACKY!! YES, IF THEY READ THIS T-A-C-K-Y.

RE Hotel Chatter article - AGAIN SEE WHY AN UPGRADE IS NO UPGRADE AT ALL!!!!

San Francisco Chronicle
If you've always dreamed of living on a tiny island, or running a bed and breakfast - or both at the same time - you're out of luck. ...
JB Edited to add - watch the video with tub in room - HOLY COW, now what do you think about a tub in the room? SHEESH TACKY!! YES, IF THEY READ THIS T-A-C-K-Y..
JB - could not find a video on this place where they had very simple pictures on the site. I had recalled seeing the opening before.
I did see the tub in the room in the CO article/review though. I got the impession the guest liked the tub! But they did not mention if they really cared for it being in the room!!! I still think that is just to 'open' for me.

San Francisco Chronicle
JB Edited to add - watch the video with tub in room - HOLY COW, now what do you think about a tub in the room? SHEESH TACKY!! YES, IF THEY READ THIS T-A-C-K-Y..
JB - could not find a video on this place where they had very simple pictures on the site. I had recalled seeing the opening before.
I did see the tub in the room in the CO article/review though. I got the impession the guest liked the tub! But they did not mention if they really cared for it being in the room!!! I still think that is just to 'open' for me.
copperhead said:
Looking at the other room, which had the balcony, but much smaller room, had a shower built into the wall right as you walk through the door, it is totally horrible too.

Hmmm these owners may not want this review in the post. Doesn't sound too great to me:-(

San Francisco Chronicle
copperhead said:
Looking at the other room, which had the balcony, but much smaller room, had a shower built into the wall right as you walk through the door, it is totally horrible too.
There is a b&b in my town that I toured before opening. They had tubs in the room, "odd" I thought, but if it works, it works. I think it is probably ok for married couples, but what about when you are traveling with a friend?

San Francisco Chronicle
copperhead said:
There is a b&b in my town that I toured before opening. They had tubs in the room, "odd" I thought, but if it works, it works. I think it is probably ok for married couples, but what about when you are traveling with a friend?
domsmom said:
Well hate to say it, but many married couples don't want to bath in plain view either, you know the old saying about there is good naked and bad naked.

Back