Inn the news October 25, 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cities, states in hotel tax war with Orbitz, Expedia, others
A few on this forum can chime in about this, they have had situations like this in their cities.
Death and Taxes.....
The article link didn't open for me. :-(
Yep, there is ongoing litigation here. Some has been partially settled. There's BIG money due to cities from these 3rd party booking businesses not reporting the collected tax correctly. There will be plenty more of these litigations to follow, I'm sure.

Halloween viewing
-"Cannibal Girls" (Shout! Factory, $22.97, rated R): This schlocky, funny and minimally budgeted Canadian horror spoof from 1973 arrived with the "Warning Bell" - in which theatergoers would hear a bell sound just before a particularly violent and bloody scene, the better to close one's eyes. (The bell is an optional feature on the DVD.) It also introduced director Ivan Reitman ("Meatballs," "Stripes," "Ghost Busters") and future SCTV comedy troupe members Eugene Levy (a familiar face from the "American Pie" movies and many films directed by Christopher Guest) and Andrea Martin. Levy and Martin play a couple seeking a romantic getaway at a cute, little bed-and-breakfast run by three women. How could they know that the sweet-looking proprietors are providing the bed so that that their guests can become their breakfast?
Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/25/2350655/four-recommendations-for-your.html#ixzz13PcjSDRl

blog
New Jersey Shore Bed and Breakfast Web Site Design Conveys Inn's ...
By Acorn Internet Services, Inc
Recently Bill and Nancy of the Candlelight Inn, a New Jersey North Shore bed and breakfast, contacted Acorn for a "Site-Lift". We start with the basic "foundation and walls" of the web site and then build on a new look and feel. ...
another Acorn winner! :).
They always have nice looking sites but I can pick them out the minute they start loading on the screen. They use the same basic set up for everyone. "Economy of scale" I guess.

Back