Inn the news October 3, 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a Grand Opening "by invitation only" to people like the governor.
I am not important enough to be included!!!!
Whopee
Let's see if the operation has any decent customer service this time around.
RIki

What a deal! “This place had a $28 million mortgage on it, and I bought it for $6.2 million.” says trum p

What a deal! “This place had a $28 million mortgage on it, and I bought it for $6.2 million.” says trum p.
He also states he has "never drunk a glass of alcohol or coffee". I think he will put in a golf course. She already has a 9 hole golf course on the property. I just hope that they put in enough room for people to taste the wine. It was far too small a facility for all the hype she paid for and not a great spot to taste wine due to poor management and setup.
RIki

What a deal! “This place had a $28 million mortgage on it, and I bought it for $6.2 million.” says trum p.
He also states he has "never drunk a glass of alcohol or coffee". I think he will put in a golf course. She already has a 9 hole golf course on the property. I just hope that they put in enough room for people to taste the wine. It was far too small a facility for all the hype she paid for and not a great spot to taste wine due to poor management and setup.
RIki
Problem is didn't he have a deal with them to let them manage the place or some aspects of it :-(

RIki
Problem is didn't he have a deal with them to let them manage the place or some aspects of it :-(
She is "vp of operations" and he is "part time accounting something or other"
They are currently using the son of one of the top local wine consultant / winemakers to finish the bottling right now and if Mr. T's son is a competant manager he will keep him but I'm afraid they will continue the practice of bringing over winemakers from France. Problem is she is difficult to deal with so they all uusally leave after a year or two or she would fire them. The past ones are doing great here making wine away from her. But the French don't always understand that the grapes need to be grown differently here than back in Europe.
On a positive note - the vineyards are in great shape. Let's hope he does not give her any control but is just letting her save face. I can't see him allowing money to be thrown away like she did. And let's hope he pays his bills. She left many local small businesses high and dry never paying her bills which hurts as we all know as small businesses. That's why few feel sorry for her here.
RIki

RIki
She is "vp of operations" and he is "part time accounting something or other"
They are currently using the son of one of the top local wine consultant / winemakers to finish the bottling right now and if Mr. T's son is a competant manager he will keep him but I'm afraid they will continue the practice of bringing over winemakers from France. Problem is she is difficult to deal with so they all uusally leave after a year or two or she would fire them. The past ones are doing great here making wine away from her. But the French don't always understand that the grapes need to be grown differently here than back in Europe.
On a positive note - the vineyards are in great shape. Let's hope he does not give her any control but is just letting her save face. I can't see him allowing money to be thrown away like she did. And let's hope he pays his bills. She left many local small businesses high and dry never paying her bills which hurts as we all know as small businesses. That's why few feel sorry for her here.
RIki
Too funny, one of my twitter "quotes" I follow had this:
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]Well, real estate is always good, as far as I'm concerned. ~ Donald Trump [/COLOR]

[tr]

[tr]

Island B&B named best guest house
BBC News
A bed and breakfast on the Western Isles has been named Scottish guest house of the year by the Good Hotel Guide. The honour puts Scarista House on the west coast of Harris in the guide's top 10 places to stay in the UK. Scarista House, a Georgian ...
See all stories on this topic »
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Toasting Jane Austen with teas in Algonquin
Chicago Daily Herald
You can do just that as part of “A Year With Jane Austen,” a series of Regency Teas kicking off Friday at the Victorian Rose Garden Bed and Breakfast in Algonquin. Austen was born Dec. 16, 1775, and published all her books in the Regency period from ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Pig races, goblins, apple butter, changing leaves and ghosts compete for ...
News-Herald.com
Get tickets from Robyn Morris of the Goodwin House Bed and Breakfast at 440-834-5050; or by emailing Ghosts of [email protected]. Continued... * A much scarier encounter with the supernatural is set for Haunted Spaces, a Lake County Historical Society ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Court rules historic Westbrook inn may resume large events, shuttle guests ...
Middletown Press
By Alexandra Sanders WESTBROOK — After about two years in the legal system, owners of a local bed and breakfast were found to be within their rights to hold large events and shuttle guests from another location to the inn. ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Wheel of fortune: sampling a luxury bike mini-break in Cornwall
The Guardian (blog)
Dinner, bed and breakfast at the Scarlet starts from £255 a night in low season (from February), based on two people sharing a room. In September and October the rate is £350, and in November it's £310 (special rates apply for the festive period). ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Coach Calhoun Readies For UConn Season — With Chamber Talk
Patch.com
On the other hand, there was much to celebrate as we learned earlier this week that the Captain Stannard House, owned by Mary and Jim Brewster, were successful in beating back efforts to handcuff their ability to operate their bed and breakfast. ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Hey, it is good to be back home again
Grainews (blog)
A week ago Saturday, I was having a full English breakfast in a bed and breakfast in Pevensey Bay, over looking the English Channel. Yesterday, (Saturday Oct. 1) I had a breakfast bagel at the Tim Horton's restaurant in Stettler, AB were a couple ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

The Monday Hays: Jaguars' coaching hot board, Muschamp flops and the NFL glut
Florida Times-Union (blog)
However, he's been active in the game, not running a bed and breakfast somewhere. Don't let his age fool you. Edwards is in phenomenal shape and could pass for 40. Like Fewell, he'd have to hire a proven offensive coordinator. With inspiration from the ...
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

Chris just got a call from a reporter. They wanted to come out and get some dirt on Trump Vineyards. They are only interested in negative information. Figures. He took a pass.
RIki

Chris just got a call from a reporter. They wanted to come out and get some dirt on Trump Vineyards. They are only interested in negative information. Figures. He took a pass.
RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
Good for Chris!!!

Back