Inn the news October 3, 2012

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
WAY TO GO FORUM MEMBER! (and 40 photos to boot!)
thumbs_up.gif

Home of the Week: Bob and Jenny Offutt
Springfield News-Leader
The Crystal Cove Bed and Breakfast began as a family's dream, inspired by the family's annual Branson vacations. “His dad used to bring him here to Compton Ridge Campgrounds when he was a little kid,” Jenny Offutt says, referring to her husband, Bob.

The "VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS" was one of the first states with a slogan, and from that came the copycat (but ended up better) "I love NY" and many others.
Dave Martin of the Martin Agency, and the founder of the Virginia is for Lovers campaign, has passed away at age 82.
We have had guests from this agency in Richmond VA stay with us, you will also recognize the GEICO ads and many others from this agency. http://www.martinagency.com/home
Va_lovers_0.jpg

Kinda cought me off guard today! Lol. This was not suppose to come out until Sunday. They contacted us and did this little story. I thought it was kinda neat they asked us if they could do a story on us. Thanks for posting this JB!

Bob, your place is BEAUTIFUL! I want to come stay with you
teeth_smile.gif

Congrats on the great article!

Kinda cought me off guard today! Lol. This was not suppose to come out until Sunday. They contacted us and did this little story. I thought it was kinda neat they asked us if they could do a story on us. Thanks for posting this JB!.
Congrats, Bob on the article! Loved all the photos, but the weather rock reminded me of all our Scouting campouts.
regular_smile.gif

The "VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS" was one of the first states with a slogan, and from that came the copycat (but ended up better) "I love NY" and many others.
Dave Martin of the Martin Agency, and the founder of the Virginia is for Lovers campaign, has passed away at age 82.
We have had guests from this agency in Richmond VA stay with us, you will also recognize the GEICO ads and many others from this agency. http://www.martinagency.com/home
Va_lovers_0.jpg
My nephew (the one that attended VA Tech when I first met you JB) worked for the Martin Agency. I'll have to check with him and see if he knows about this. They have done some cool ads.

Back