Inn the news Sept 2, 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sperryville slows down
Rappahannock News
Caledonia Farm-1812 Bed and Breakfast in Flint Hill is celebrating its 25th anniversary this weekend, having opened its doors to its first customers on ...

B 'n' B backs walk
Swindon Advertiser
Winston and Sue Castle, who run the Jessamine Cottage Bed and Breakfast in Drove Road, are pleased to lend the walkers a helping hand by offering a bed for ...

blog article
Cheri's Bed and Breakfast and more
By Cheri
For all the details on how to make one your self check out Cheri Bed and Breakfast Menu Board Here is what you will need if you want to recreate this menu board: DecoArt Chalkboard Paint (it is the best.

a blog article - worth the read[/h3]8 Questions Your Bed and Breakfast's Website Should Answer ...
By admin
   Remember ThoseGriswald Type Family Vacations? Those of us who have ever gone on vacation with small children remember how we.
excerpt:
"Another nice thing about having grown children is being able to get away more often, as a couple or with friends and stay at nice quiet places that thankfully do not caterer to families and pets.  Bed and Breakfast Inns (B&Bs) sell couples romance, luxury, epicurean delight and relaxation. That is, of course, if they are marketing themselves as they probably should be doing.
It is a modern day reality that a website is more important to your future customers than it is to you. Just consider the following perceptions it creates for those coming upon your B&B for the very first time:
read the article for the rest. a good read.

a blog article
Tips to Run a Thriving Bed And Breakfast : Guidelines on Managing ...
By Jeffrey Tymczak
A bed and breakfast is a very distinctive type of business which will draw individuals coming from everywhere to your front doorstep. An extremely small fraction of men and women are generally cut out with regard to this sort of service ....
Joey Bloggs said:
a blog article
By Jeffrey Tymczak
A bed and breakfast is a very distinctive type of business which will draw individuals coming from everywhere to your front doorstep. An extremely small fraction of men and women are generally cut out with regard to this sort of service ...
Kind of short and looks like it was written by a professional blogger rather than someone who has actually done the work himself. Still, good that you post these things so we know what's being said about the industry.

a blog article - worth the read[/h3]8 Questions Your Bed and Breakfast's Website Should Answer ...
By admin
   Remember ThoseGriswald Type Family Vacations? Those of us who have ever gone on vacation with small children remember how we.
excerpt:
"Another nice thing about having grown children is being able to get away more often, as a couple or with friends and stay at nice quiet places that thankfully do not caterer to families and pets.  Bed and Breakfast Inns (B&Bs) sell couples romance, luxury, epicurean delight and relaxation. That is, of course, if they are marketing themselves as they probably should be doing.
It is a modern day reality that a website is more important to your future customers than it is to you. Just consider the following perceptions it creates for those coming upon your B&B for the very first time:
read the article for the rest. a good read..
Good one on the B&B website points.

a blog article
By Jeffrey Tymczak
A bed and breakfast is a very distinctive type of business which will draw individuals coming from everywhere to your front doorstep. An extremely small fraction of men and women are generally cut out with regard to this sort of service ....
Joey Bloggs said:
a blog article
By Jeffrey Tymczak
A bed and breakfast is a very distinctive type of business which will draw individuals coming from everywhere to your front doorstep. An extremely small fraction of men and women are generally cut out with regard to this sort of service ...
Kind of short and looks like it was written by a professional blogger rather than someone who has actually done the work himself. Still, good that you post these things so we know what's being said about the industry.
What I liked about this article was when he wrote "An extremely small fraction of men & women are generally cut out with regard to this sort of service". (Bold type is mine.) Goes along with what we've been saying about people who think there's nothing to it and don't really know about what's required for good customer service.
I have a couple of innkeeper friends that have figured out that they really do NOT like taking care of guests. Just not a good fit for them but now they're in it pretty deep.

a blog article
By Jeffrey Tymczak
Joey Bloggs said:
a blog article
By Jeffrey Tymczak
What I liked about this article was when he wrote "An extremely small fraction of men & women are generally cut out with regard to this sort of service". (Bold type is mine.) Goes along with what we've been saying about people who think there's nothing to it and don't really know about what's required for good customer service.
I have a couple of innkeeper friends that have figured out that they really do NOT like taking care of guests. Just not a good fit for them but now they're in it pretty deep.
Samster said:
I think that's how we ended up here...the PO's didn't like it once they started it.

On the same thought Samster, I am appalled at the number of people who think they have no other job so can "just be an innkeeper" I won't go into details, but there is SKILL INVOLVED in this profession from every angle. It is offensive to me, and we have heard and seen them all. "Why not, it is just baking and putting your hand out and taking money."

On the same thought Samster, I am appalled at the number of people who think they have no other job so can "just be an innkeeper" I won't go into details, but there is SKILL INVOLVED in this profession from every angle. It is offensive to me, and we have heard and seen them all. "Why not, it is just baking and putting your hand out and taking money.".
Exactly! That's why I liked what the guy wrote in that respect. This is not a job that's just about baking muffins and making beds. HA!

On the same thought Samster, I am appalled at the number of people who think they have no other job so can "just be an innkeeper" I won't go into details, but there is SKILL INVOLVED in this profession from every angle. It is offensive to me, and we have heard and seen them all. "Why not, it is just baking and putting your hand out and taking money.".
Joey Bloggs said:
On the same thought Samster, I am appalled at the number of people who think they have no other job so can "just be an innkeeper" I won't go into details, but there is SKILL INVOLVED in this profession from every angle. It is offensive to me, and we have heard and seen them all. "Why not, it is just baking and putting your hand out and taking money."
At least I thought it also involved a lot of cleaning. But essentially the same thing...'how hard can it be?'

I am appalled at the number of people who think they have no other job so can "just be an innkeeper" I won't go into details, but there is SKILL INVOLVED in this profession from every angle. It is offensive to me, and we have heard and seen them all.
The reporter and the photographer and I were talking about just this today. They were asking about how we felt about strangers in the house and how it takes special people to do a B & B. I told them how we had gone to innkeeping workshops and seminars to find "the hook" as DH called it. They commented that we had done our homework. I said people who do not have a clue are unhappy and dissatisfied innkeepers who project that to their guests and it is not good for the guests, the innkeeper, nor the industry.

Back