Inn the news Sept 27, 2012

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Trump buys Kluge's former Albemarle County estate for $6.5 million, a bargain basement deal from $100million. Read more here (another inn may be coming to Wine Country Virginia)

She was asking 100 million and the banks foreclosed for 16 million? And then the banks lost another 10 million in the resale before legal fees? If they would have worked with the owner it probablynever would have gone into foreclosure, sounds like what they did with me, they would rather foreclose my house at 20% of the value than rework the loan, even when i was up to date with payments, no other debt and perfect credit. Idiots.

Yes, when he bought the winery he bought everything up to the front door of the ugly mansion. Then he let the grass go to week and posted big "do not trespass, Trump property" signs all up the long driveway so the bank could not sell it.
I believe he plans to put in a big golf course and make it into an "elegant inn" I can only imagine what he will be charging. He must have plans to get around the zoinng to put in a restaurant, as the drive to Charlottesville from this location is about 20 minutes or more on a dark windy road. Or he will provide transportation. The other local high end hotels charge something like $600/night unless they are running specials to fill the rooms.
Not going to be any competition to us. We don't want the kind of guests he will attract. He will take away guests from the Clifton Inn, Keswick Inn and possibly Boars Head. He will also probably take away guests from Northern Virginia.
He did hire good locals to rework the stupid setup at the Farm Shop that Kluge had for tasting the wine.
Riki

She was asking 100 million and the banks foreclosed for 16 million? And then the banks lost another 10 million in the resale before legal fees? If they would have worked with the owner it probablynever would have gone into foreclosure, sounds like what they did with me, they would rather foreclose my house at 20% of the value than rework the loan, even when i was up to date with payments, no other debt and perfect credit. Idiots..
agoodman said:
She was asking 100 million and the banks foreclosed for 16 million? And then the banks lost another 10 million in the resale before legal fees? If they would have worked with the owner it probablynever would have gone into foreclosure, sounds like what they did with me, they would rather foreclose my house at 20% of the value than rework the loan, even when i was up to date with payments, no other debt and perfect credit. Idiots.
It was not worth 100 million. She is a former stripper that married a billionaire and stayed married long enough (4 years) to walk away with millions. Then managed to go something like 35 million in debt. She was not able to work with anyone without them walking away, including investors. She went under owing small businesses here lots of money. Never paid any of her bills. She was not a person that any bank could have worked with. Her comment about money? "I don't think about money - it's just there".

omg_smile.gif

Back