Inn videos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
http://www.innvideos.tv/NC/asheville/wrightinn.html cut n paste
Here is a video with a guest sharing her experiences and everything is "really" and "amazing" and "very" and "so beautiful" this is perhaps worse than the innkeepers on the videos?
You can view a few other inn videos in Asheville NC on this same web site. Share your thoughts?
The music is putting me off, sure it is the tone of relaxation, but it is boring! I would rather have some happier music. If you find one you LIKE please post it for us to view.

At first I liked this guy and background music then thought "YOU LIAR!"
www. innvideos.tv/NC/asheville/northlodge.
http://www.innvideos.tv/search.html this is the entire country - I note that most states are not on board with this, NC is way way into it. Someone is marketing it and I guess it is the Joneses thing at the Inn there?

http://www.innvideos.tv/search.html this is the entire country - I note that most states are not on board with this, NC is way way into it. Someone is marketing it and I guess it is the Joneses thing at the Inn there?.
God bless him if that's the way he truly feels...I DO like his music though!

http://www.innvideos.tv/search.html this is the entire country - I note that most states are not on board with this, NC is way way into it. Someone is marketing it and I guess it is the Joneses thing at the Inn there?.
Yep...the fellow is I believe a former innkeeper in Asheville. He did the stuff for his state NC and then promoted it at conferences. Folks signed up...and I suspect he got overwhelmed. He was here in our town 3 weeks ago taping a friends place. I have yet to see their video. I suspect he will be getting complaints shortly from this innkeeper.

I'm planning a video tour of my property...and I haven't figured out if I want it to be silent...or to have music/voiceovers.
I have a decent voice when it comes to voice overs...but I haven't figured out if I want to be visible or not.
The property is gorgeous so I really have nothing to hide, and would like to showcase the whole building. Should I also show off the town a bit as well? Does that help with conversions?
I also plan to place the videos on Youtube? Any SEO-hobbyists willing to divulge whether or not youtube back links are valuable to my seo? If they are...then I figure that I split the video into multiple sections on Youtube to create more and more backlinks...while at the same time, creating one "whole," video, that I would embed on my site (from Youtube..)
Comments?

I'm planning a video tour of my property...and I haven't figured out if I want it to be silent...or to have music/voiceovers.
I have a decent voice when it comes to voice overs...but I haven't figured out if I want to be visible or not.
The property is gorgeous so I really have nothing to hide, and would like to showcase the whole building. Should I also show off the town a bit as well? Does that help with conversions?
I also plan to place the videos on Youtube? Any SEO-hobbyists willing to divulge whether or not youtube back links are valuable to my seo? If they are...then I figure that I split the video into multiple sections on Youtube to create more and more backlinks...while at the same time, creating one "whole," video, that I would embed on my site (from Youtube..)
Comments?.
sonatainn said:
Comments?
I think narration is fantasic. I think close ups of an innkeeper's big head are not. Close ups of breakfast and gardens and rooms, bring it on! Like Innsider mentioned, the uhs, mms, ands and the rest - not my cup of tea. Turns me off.

Comments?.
Any SEO-hobbyists willing to divulge whether or not youtube back links are valuable to my seo?
Pretty much No. Links from user contributed content (forums, youtube, blog comments...) are almost always worthless from a SEO point of view.
THat doesn't mean they don't have actual value in terms of getting mroe traffic to your site though.

Ah, I see Swirt....so it wouldn't help if I tagged something with say "Charlottetown Inn, B&B" or something along those lines.
Hmmm...going have to go back to the drawing board to increase my seo!

The thing was too dang long.
smiley-whacky011.gif
No one's going to hang around long enough to listen to that.

I know it has been said before in another thread that we should not use our own opinion as a gauge in what people want or like in the internet, but I really don't like most any of the videos. I have been told they are the newest up and coming thing for B&B's, and we have friends here that are doing it, but I don't get it. I don't want to see it all or hear it all before I get to a place. I must be odd. Well, I know I am odd, but I must be unusual in this line of thought. Are you all rushing out to make a video? And I'm with the Texan - that was too long watching that guy yak. And the guest with her adjectives - I found that sleepily boring as well.

Ah, I see Swirt....so it wouldn't help if I tagged something with say "Charlottetown Inn, B&B" or something along those lines.
Hmmm...going have to go back to the drawing board to increase my seo!.
It's not likely to help, but at the same time, the content is content none the less. You do want a link that leads to you for the human visitors even if does little to nothing for for your postion in the SERPS.

If I have the option, I don't watch any videos, and when I get on a website with music and birdgs chirping or whatever, I turn the sound off. Just irritates me personally for some reason.

If I have the option, I don't watch any videos, and when I get on a website with music and birdgs chirping or whatever, I turn the sound off. Just irritates me personally for some reason..
Little Blue said:
If I have the option, I don't watch any videos, and when I get on a website with music and birdgs chirping or whatever, I turn the sound off. Just irritates me personally for some reason.
Sometimes I think you are me writing on this forum. I am the same, and people get ticked off big time when we mention it "Why don't you love the flying angels all over our website? Everyone tells us how great they are!" Sound can be turned on, video turned on, but if you have it auto play and jam up our pc's we get ticked!

It's not likely to help, but at the same time, the content is content none the less. You do want a link that leads to you for the human visitors even if does little to nothing for for your postion in the SERPS.
swirt said:
SERPS?

swirt said:
SERPS?
SERPS - Search Engine Results Pages

If I have the option, I don't watch any videos, and when I get on a website with music and birdgs chirping or whatever, I turn the sound off. Just irritates me personally for some reason..
Little Blue said:
Sometimes I think you are me writing on this forum. I am the same, and people get ticked off big time when we mention it "Why don't you love the flying angels all over our website? Everyone tells us how great they are!" Sound can be turned on, video turned on, but if you have it auto play and jam up our pc's we get ticked!
Joe Bloggs said:
Little Blue said:
I think Swirt will agree that this is also poor web design. I'll wager the same B&Bs that do this are also the ones that are overly frou frou.

Little Blue said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Little Blue said:
I think Swirt will agree that this is also poor web design. I'll wager the same B&Bs that do this are also the ones that are overly frou frou.
I think Swirt will agree that this is also poor web design.
Autoplaying sound on a B&B website is a bad idea. ;) :)

Do you guys want to see the videos that Turnhere shoots for BB.com members? I can post links if you are curious,
JB

Do you guys want to see the videos that Turnhere shoots for BB.com members? I can post links if you are curious,
JB.
JBanczak said:
JB
I'd be interested!
Riki

There are four live, another dozen or so in process but not yet complete:
[COLOR= #1f497d]Ashton’s Bed and Breakfast: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/la-new-orleans-ashtonsbedandbreakfast_videos.html[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #1f497d]Featherbed Railroad Company: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/california-nice-featherbed-railroad-company_videos.html[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #1f497d]Almondy Inn: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/rhode-island-newport-almondy-inn_videos.html[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #1f497d]Sugar Hill Harlem Inn: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/new-york-manhattan-sugarhillharleminn_videos.html[/COLOR]

Back