InnFan - off to a running start!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Sent to undisclosed recips Have a look if you have not rcvd this, I went to the first link and it was a google map with markers piled on top of each other, I assume mine was under one of the piles (although you know there aren't that many inns near here, so those of you with many will really have a pile! So you have to know to zoom in on your area.) Secondly, try the second link and find your inn, your inn will be YOUR WEBSITE in a frame. Is this legal? I mean what the heck? Why is MY WEBSITE in a frame on this directory? JB
Hey there!
As a fellow innkeeper (I help run the Leonard at Logan House in Grand Rapids, Michigan) I don’t blame you for asking, “Do we really need another B&B directory?” As much as I would like to agree with you that we don’t, the reality is that we do. The reason is that other directories are based on a subscription and since it is unlikely that every inn and B&B will subscribe to every directory, they are all incomplete. I created innFan to solve this problem.
Any inn or B&B can join for free. On top of that, anyone can suggest an inn or B&B to be added, so even if a particular innkeeper doesn’t take time to add their property, someone else will. What we then do is take all of the inns and B&Bs in each state and place them on a single map. This way, any guest can quickly see if there is an inn or B&B where they are going, greatly increasing the chance they won’t end up staying in some other boring hotel.
It is current. We pull all of our information directly from the inns/b&bs website. This means that your listing is as current as your website. If you add new pictures to your website, they will be on innFan. If your guests can book through your website, they will be able to book through innFan. If you are running a special and it’s listed on your website, you guessed, it will be here as well. I know how busy all of us are, so I didn't want to make it so you always had to update your listing anytime you did something.
I launched innFan just over 8 months ago, and we currently have over 6,000 inns and B&Bs listed, and we are growing like crazy.

To see the Virginia map, please follow this link: http://www.innfan.com/virginia-inns-and-bed-and-breakfasts/. Each marker that you see is an inn or B&B, zoom in to find yours or use our search feature here: http://www.innfan.com/search-for-an-inn/. There is always the chance that I made a mistake, so please let me know. You will notice there are two ads at the bottom of your listing. These should open up in the same window when clicked on, as opposed to popping up a new window which some viewers don't like. If this is not the case, please let me know.
That is it, you don’t have to do anything else. Thanks for your time!

PS The owner of this new directory will get this link on a google alert, and will come explain and proclaim the accolades - so that will happen in quick succession, just letting you know.
shades_smile.gif

I got this email right after Ike first posted about the site here. Why waste the time coming up with something completely non-functional? I don't get it.

This is the site I asked about in re the frames and it being MY website. And was that going to cause me problems? And, yes, it's a mess.

PS The owner of this new directory will get this link on a google alert, and will come explain and proclaim the accolades - so that will happen in quick succession, just letting you know.
shades_smile.gif
I assumed that's why you posted it.

I still love the "by the way, please test those ads for me and make sure they behave properly." Oh, did I forget to mention that every time you click, I get paid?
Has he asked you for money to simply remove the ads yet?

I still love the "by the way, please test those ads for me and make sure they behave properly." Oh, did I forget to mention that every time you click, I get paid?
Has he asked you for money to simply remove the ads yet?.
IronGate said:
Has he asked you for money to simply remove the ads yet?
Forgot about testing the ads. Really, everyone who gets this should forward it to Google AdWords.

Back