Innkeeper Blessing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I wish to offer a special innkeeper blessing to those innmates who deal with elderly guests.
My hats off to you. Having to deal with their not wanting to be there, not being grateful for anything you do, picking apart your breakfasts, your decor, how you operate your inn, arriving at noon and expecting to be let in, inability to open a basic door let alone the door code, you carrying all their bags in and out, then in return them stealing your bags - tea bags, complaining about the stairs, complaining about how far they have to walk from the car to the door, not bathing often enough so they smell up your linens, spill coffee and drinks on your carpets, complain that Oct 1 is not peak leaf season... it is not easy. I APPLAUD YOU!

Give me groups or couples who are mute, wrapped in plastic, non-smokers and on a starvation diet.
Did I leave anything out?
I just had a thought....maybe we could have all our rooms made of concrete with floor drains and once a day we could go in and hose the room and the guests down. For breakfast, feed them through the bars on their room.

Give me groups or couples who are mute, wrapped in plastic, non-smokers and on a starvation diet.
I just had a thought....maybe we could have all our rooms made of concrete with floor drains and once a day we could go in and hose the room and the guests down. For breakfast, feed them through the bars on their room..
Proud Texan said:
I just had a thought....maybe we could have all our rooms made of concrete with floor drains and once a day we could go in and hose the room and the guests down. For breakfast, feed them through the bars on their room.
I wanted to add our other innmate's guest to the list:
Give me groups or couples who are mute, wrapped in plastic, non-smokers and on a starvation diet. and cigar smoking hot tubbing vegans.
shades_smile.gif

PS I think that is my favorite for the year..."the cigar smoking hot tubbing vegan" it has a certain ring to it doesn't it.

You know who complains here about the stairs? Boomers. It's ok if I run my butt off up and down those stairs with their bags, dirty laundry, and all, but THEY should not be required to go up and down stairs. Elderly guests generally don't say a word. The absolute worst age group for complaints? 60-something. Newly retired. Not happy about it. No longer have anyone to boss around so I'm as good a target as anyone.

You know who complains here about the stairs? Boomers. It's ok if I run my butt off up and down those stairs with their bags, dirty laundry, and all, but THEY should not be required to go up and down stairs. Elderly guests generally don't say a word. The absolute worst age group for complaints? 60-something. Newly retired. Not happy about it. No longer have anyone to boss around so I'm as good a target as anyone..
Alibi Ike said:
The absolute worst age group for complaints? 60-something. Newly retired. Not happy about it. No longer have anyone to boss around so I'm as good a target as anyone.
This is what we find here too. Late 50's? Ideal guests, loving every minute of vacation, happy, laid back. Newly retired? GRUMPY, nit-picky, act like everyone owes them something. Yuck.

Back