Innkeeper Dreams

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
OK, so two friends and I organized a gathering of area innkeepers, which we held this past Tuesday. Our plan was to meet and gab, eat and gab, and have some organized gab, which was great! We met innkeepers from neighboring towns and had a marvelous time.
Toward the end my friend asked if anyone else ever had dreams of finding more rooms as her husband has that kind of dream. I'm like, YES! So glad to know it's not just me! Dreaming of this big house (not the one I actually have) and finding new wings and passages and rooms and thinking of how we could use them.
What innkeeping dreams have you had?
=)
Kk.

My dreams are to have more people coming to my city and staying here. I really do not want more rooms (although another bathroom would be nice) but do want to see more occupancy. That may take another innkeeper to achieve - fresh ideas.

Are you all talking about actual dreams, as in dreams you have when you are asleep, or dreams, used more loosely to describes wishes or fantasies? My wish at this point, since I am merely an aspiring innkeeper, is to find the ideal inn to buy and operate. But I have been doing so much research lately that at night when I really do dream, my dreams are full of random details that I have thought about during the day, like images of book keeping ledgers and putting together a business plan and my sister asking me annoying questions: "Have I thought about this?" "Have I thought about that?"

That's funny! I've had that dream (in a big house that I apparently own and finding extra rooms and suites and apartments and me all "wow, how come I never saw these before?") twice in the last month or so, but never before. Other innkeeping dreams have been having too many guests show up and not enough rooms; me sleeping in through breakfast; general chaos.

If you believe in that sort of thing, finding additional rooms in your home in your dreams has a real meaning. (A whole website on dream interpretation, including what finding all those new rooms means!)
Funny you should mention it, tho, as I don't usually have innkeeping dreams but I had a whopper the other night...I dreamt we were on vacation on Cape Cod and we bought another B&B right on the ocean. I kept thinking: I have to wake up Gomez, what have we done? We have to talk about this. We can't afford to pay for the new place until we sell the old place. Oh, what have we done? Maybe we should just walk away from the new one, lose our deposit, oh, but it's on the ocean.
Oh, yeah, it was a doozy.

Yes, actual dreams. And the dream is not my actual house, but in the dream I own it... wow, look at this staircase here! Where did this come from? Or wow, there's another room (or several) through here, and it's huge!
=)
Kk.

Yes, actual dreams. And the dream is not my actual house, but in the dream I own it... wow, look at this staircase here! Where did this come from? Or wow, there's another room (or several) through here, and it's huge!
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Isn't that a stitch, I have those same dreams, and they are very pleasant. Always another floor crammed with huge furnished bedrooms...lots of big stairways and lots of beds, always. Must mean something!

My recurring dream/nightmare is that I've overslept and somehow cannot make my way to the kitchen and all the guests are waiting in the dining room to eat. I HATE having that dream. I wake up exhausted and panicked.

Back