Innkeeper forgets to finish cleaning room

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Sigh. First guests just checked in. As I show them the room I see the bathroom door is flung open which usually means it's not been vacuumed and the decorative pillows are tossed on the chairs instead of the bed.
I had to restrain myself from running over and fixing everything.
Of course these guests just settled in so I can't even go over and check anything.

I had a damage like this yesterday
Room 1 is a twin so had to take off a clean king size double duvet so figured I would stash it in room 2 (next door and not in use) so I could use it the next day when they had gone
Room 1 then decided to stay another day and I completely forgot about the duvet!
went to check room 2 in and there was stuff everywhere! -luckily I saw it (and they didn't) said I just needed to vacume and then stuffed it all in the closet!

I would do something like that. I'm still trying to figure out a system so I don't forget if I leave a room in the middle. One is, if the toilet paper is folded in a point, the room is finished. But you still get busy or distracted and forget!

I would do something like that. I'm still trying to figure out a system so I don't forget if I leave a room in the middle. One is, if the toilet paper is folded in a point, the room is finished. But you still get busy or distracted and forget!.
I went to say goodbye to our week-long guests. That was it.
Our thing is to leave the room light on until the room is done. But, I wasn't done and DH turned the light off!

I would do something like that. I'm still trying to figure out a system so I don't forget if I leave a room in the middle. One is, if the toilet paper is folded in a point, the room is finished. But you still get busy or distracted and forget!.
TheBeachHouse said:
One is, if the toilet paper is folded in a point, the room is finished.
Oh my gosh!!! I do that! I fold a pretty little fan into the TP if the room if finished! Ha, I've gone back to "look at the TP to make sure I actually finished!"

Back