Innkeeper going home

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm truly sorry to hear that
sad_smile.gif

Sweet and Sour news but the hospice system sounds very nice. At 73 in January 2017 , I like the idea of passing at home also. I have older brothers and am aware ( live out west & long ago my home) of who goes first of we three ?, All our children are all over the map, what happened to the "old homestead "and everyone lived close by ?. Will I jet there or will they jet here first ? Meanwhile I always have projects/plans here at the BnB. Morticia you are where you belong now . Glad you shared with us, its is very Sweet and Sour ......

Sweet and Sour news but the hospice system sounds very nice. At 73 in January 2017 , I like the idea of passing at home also. I have older brothers and am aware ( live out west & long ago my home) of who goes first of we three ?, All our children are all over the map, what happened to the "old homestead "and everyone lived close by ?. Will I jet there or will they jet here first ? Meanwhile I always have projects/plans here at the BnB. Morticia you are where you belong now . Glad you shared with us, its is very Sweet and Sour .......
One sibling was nearby and bore the brunt of the worry and care for two years (mom, then dad). I drove here every month to give brother some relief.
But, without hospice, dying slowly at home is very difficult.
On a more humorous level - go clean out your closets now! Don't leave this crap for your kids! How many Tide to Go pens does one person need???
You know those boxes of envelopes that are all stuck together? They are never going to unstick themselves! Unless you are using them to slap on boxes to ship stuff throw them out!
There are 6 rooms in this house plus the basement. I cleaned the bathroom. I'm exhausted.

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Your comment about no one leaving a light on really touched me. I still think of my childhood home as home, even though it's been 20 years since my mother passed and we gave up the house.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom, and now your dad.
Hospice makes the unbearable, bearable.
Sending you hugs.

There are no words that can probably provide comfort to you. Just know that others are thinking of you as you grieve. Hugs...

Sweet and Sour news but the hospice system sounds very nice. At 73 in January 2017 , I like the idea of passing at home also. I have older brothers and am aware ( live out west & long ago my home) of who goes first of we three ?, All our children are all over the map, what happened to the "old homestead "and everyone lived close by ?. Will I jet there or will they jet here first ? Meanwhile I always have projects/plans here at the BnB. Morticia you are where you belong now . Glad you shared with us, its is very Sweet and Sour .......
One sibling was nearby and bore the brunt of the worry and care for two years (mom, then dad). I drove here every month to give brother some relief.
But, without hospice, dying slowly at home is very difficult.
On a more humorous level - go clean out your closets now! Don't leave this crap for your kids! How many Tide to Go pens does one person need???
You know those boxes of envelopes that are all stuck together? They are never going to unstick themselves! Unless you are using them to slap on boxes to ship stuff throw them out!
There are 6 rooms in this house plus the basement. I cleaned the bathroom. I'm exhausted.
I am so sorry for your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am glad see you can laugh! Yes, please clean out your closets now! keep it simple!

Back