Innkeeper Photo - your preference

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
1) As a guest, if you like to see a photo of the innkeepers somewhere on the website, what photo is your preference? Close up, working in the kitchen, all of course with a welcoming smile...
2) If you went out right now and were looking your best and the weather fine, where would YOU take your innkeeper photo?
In the kitchen with apron on? On the porch with coffee cups?

I like to see a picture that's more informal. Relaxing on the porch with coffee cups is good! No Glamour Shots please! But then also, if you are going to have a picture then every few years (more if needed) you should add a new one, keep it up to date, no sense to have a picture if that's not how you really look........

I like to see a picture that's more informal. Relaxing on the porch with coffee cups is good! No Glamour Shots please! But then also, if you are going to have a picture then every few years (more if needed) you should add a new one, keep it up to date, no sense to have a picture if that's not how you really look.........
But then also, if you are going to have a picture then every few years (more if needed) you should add a new one, keep it up to date, no sense to have a picture if that's not how you really look..
Hah that'd be a funny study, to show how innkeepers age after a few years of running, the same way they compare presidents ont eh way in and the way out of office. ;)

no sense to have a picture if that's not how you really look........
But I don't want to scare them away before they even book!!! - LOL

I like to see a picture that's more informal. Relaxing on the porch with coffee cups is good! No Glamour Shots please! But then also, if you are going to have a picture then every few years (more if needed) you should add a new one, keep it up to date, no sense to have a picture if that's not how you really look.........
But then also, if you are going to have a picture then every few years (more if needed) you should add a new one, keep it up to date, no sense to have a picture if that's not how you really look..
Hah that'd be a funny study, to show how innkeepers age after a few years of running, the same way they compare presidents ont eh way in and the way out of office. ;)
I think we would show more aging....
cry_smile.gif

I agree with informal. I don't want any "staged working" photo. Just something on the porch or in front of a fireplace with smiles.

A. Don't care but it shouldn't be a glam shot unless it is a high end boutique.
B. Outside in my garden. (I'd rather tak eit at the beach but you know someone would think that's where the B&B is.)

B. Outside in my garden. (I'd rather tak eit at the beach but you know someone would think that's where the B&B is.).
Bree said:
B. Outside in my garden. (I'd rather tak eit at the beach but you know someone would think that's where the B&B is.)
at the beach in your swimsuit? surely you jest. Wait, cold water, gotcha.
I have one of the two of us with a sunset on the water near a lake near here and I wonder the same thing, will someone think we are lakefront. i know i know they will...some dufus.

B. Outside in my garden. (I'd rather tak eit at the beach but you know someone would think that's where the B&B is.).
Bree said:
at the beach in your swimsuit? surely you jest. Wait, cold water, gotcha.
I have one of the two of us with a sunset on the water near a lake near here and I wonder the same thing, will someone think we are lakefront. i know i know they will...some dufus.
We just got back from the beach. (check the blog) Hats, winter coats and all...

I have seen a picture on a website where the innkeeper is in her bathing suit by the hot tub.
barf.gif
Not good.

I have seen a picture on a website where the innkeeper is in her bathing suit by the hot tub.
barf.gif
Not good..
MTLLodge said:
barf.gif
Not good.
I know an innkeeper who on their website has a photo of his wife who is posing in the guest rooms bath tub filled with water and bubbles.

Sitting on the porch or outside in the garden. DON'T take one not right at your b&b...don't you know you're not allowed to leave the house? You know if you take it at the beach or on a lake they're gonna think that's where the b&b is.
I hate the stiff photos, something casual and big smiles.

wearing an apron, either cooking or serving breakfast. that's mostly where you'd find me.

barf.gif
Not good..
MTLLodge said:
barf.gif
Not good.
I know an innkeeper who on their website has a photo of his wife who is posing in the guest rooms bath tub filled with water and bubbles.
I would not stay there. It is not professional.
I pulled up a bed and breakfast where the innkeepers were right on the homepage. Their picutre was big and they were a throw back from somewhere I never want to go back to the 70's. This was the only pic on the first page. I would never go there. At the time it was a new bed and breakfast. This was not so long ago like last year. I guess they thought they were the most important part about their place, not for the guests.

Anything that looks warm and comfortable is a good bet. If you can relate to the feelings that a person wants to feel when they first wake up, or right before they go to bed, then they're going to want to stay at your establishment.
I'm all for setting on the porch with a cup of coffee in the morning, or reading a book by the fire at night. Anything like that sounds like a winner to me.

Back