Innkeeper Poker, Rummy or Old Maid

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Today I thought I would start a new tradtion. No names need to be named, no demographics or anything else. I would like to play a little poker or gin rummy or old maid. Old maid is when you trade cards not knowing what the others have and may get "the old maid." They need to be with you RIGHT NOW, not past guests.
I want to trade two sourpuss ugly faces from O/S who are beyond pompous. I said a cheerful "Good morning!" and no repsonses so I approached them (since he was IN MY PERSONAL SPACE yesterday) i repeated "Good morning!" He finally replied with a weak and unfriendly "hello."
I have other guests from the same country and they are just how they are, from that country, they are not SNOBS!
NO MORE INNKEEPER CONCIERGE, YOU HAVE BEEN CUT OFF. Don't come here and be rude to me from the getgo and expect to manipulate my time.
Anyone have one better they want to show or trade today? You can have them for two more nights!

It is graduation weekend...let me get back to you later in the day
wink_smile.gif

No one here right now. But my 'scent free' guests are checking in later and the room (not theirs) from the dog people earlier in the week STILL smells of perfume. It's been raining for a week so can't even dry the room out. Ugh.

I've got a 'scent free' couple checking in this afternoon, too....for 3 DAYS!
I'll gladly trade them for a clone of the adorable young Aussie couple that just asked to stay another night!

Same guests of all at the table BOTH from this couple left their napkin on the floor for me to pick up. I have to stop feeding their power, they are irritating me and I need to stop letting them.
Off topic -MY FATHER CAUGHT A 700 LB BLUE MARLIN YESTERDAY! Yes, this is true (catch and release) and he was the only one on this 6 pack boat that had a camera, a stupid throw away camera, but they went to CVS to have ti developed and I hope he got a couple shots of it. After that the marlin was so dang mad it charged the boat a bunch of times and took a huge chunk out of it!
They also caught a Big Eye tuna 170 lbs, and plenty of gaffer Mahi Mahi. This is off OBX in the Gulf Stream. They caught other tuna and reeled in Mako sharks instead and just an EYE of a tuna left! The first mate had to go under the boat with a snorkel to fix something that blew up due to fighting Dad's huge marlin (reversing and trying to help Dad fight this bad boy).
If anyone wants to fish with a TOP RATED CAPT and First Mate, I recommend THE OBSESSION.
back on topic again...back to work, bye!

My five toilet paper roll paper and dispenser full of hand soap people left yesterday. Today the political discussion people left. And the lovely grandmothers left today as well. I have three arrivals today, all after 9PM.

I like this game ....
No problem - I'll take your sour pusses, amuse myself be being more pompous then they are (and better at it) and trade you my empty house (which is still within the rules of the game because that's who I have RIGHT NOW)

I will throw in the Blue Angels! They are flying over my house RIGHT NOW ! There is an airshow in Lynchburb VA tomorrow. Awesome... I have two rooms open tonight only if anyone wants to come and see the show! (air show, not my show, ha ha)
blue-angels-2.gif

Ah, here we go. I'll take your two sour pusses and trade you for the PITA parents/relatives who just checked in. Mom had to stop in LAST Sunday to ask if they could get here early TODAY to grab the tour we loan for our area. Sure, be here at 11 and we'll get you situated.
Get here at 11:45 (luckily I didn't wait for them, had other things to do), got them settled in and they just can't wait to get out and do that tour. Right, they are sitting in the living room drinking tea (which we don't usually offer until 2 pm but they just helped themselves). SO glad I didn't put the cookies out!
Parents are the worst. Thank God it's two days and I never have to see them again.

Ah, here we go. I'll take your two sour pusses and trade you for the PITA parents/relatives who just checked in. Mom had to stop in LAST Sunday to ask if they could get here early TODAY to grab the tour we loan for our area. Sure, be here at 11 and we'll get you situated.
Get here at 11:45 (luckily I didn't wait for them, had other things to do), got them settled in and they just can't wait to get out and do that tour. Right, they are sitting in the living room drinking tea (which we don't usually offer until 2 pm but they just helped themselves). SO glad I didn't put the cookies out!
Parents are the worst. Thank God it's two days and I never have to see them again..
Don Draper said:
Parents are the worst. Thank God it's two days and I never have to see them again.
But wait, there's more. Okay typically I am the one saying graduation weekends are the worst, but tonight we have the gal who will only go down each and every step on her butt. (Husbands words, not mine). This should be fun to see sourpusses waiting to go up or down the stairs. Okay so swap you two sourpusses AND see you one butt stepper for your graduation rel's! (And as a bonus you get the Blue Angels flying over now and again all day today)
Funny I have had guests in the room they are in all week and no one has slammed the door going in and out...until now.

Parents are the worst. Thank God it's two days and I never have to see them again..
Don Draper said:
But wait, there's more. Okay typically I am the one saying graduation weekends are the worst, but tonight we have the gal who will only go down each and every step on her butt. (Husbands words, not mine). This should be fun to see sourpusses waiting to go up or down the stairs. Okay so swap you two sourpusses AND see you one butt stepper for your graduation rel's! (And as a bonus you get the Blue Angels flying over now and again all day today)
Funny I have had guests in the room they are in all week and no one has slammed the door going in and out...until now.
Now that scenario should really be interesting. The butt slider meets the snobs.

Ive got a talker who is married to a disabled lady! He won't shut up and Ive got more guests than him she is nice though but it means quite a bit of running about. Kept talking to all the other guests at breakfast so they all took ages to eat and I couldn't get finished up grrr. He is going out all day tomorro from 8am as he is exhibiting at an antiques fair and has to be out early! woo hoo

Don Draper said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Okay typically I am the one saying graduation weekends are the worst, but tonight we have the gal who will only go down each and every step on her butt. (Husbands words, not mine). This should be fun to see sourpusses waiting to go up or down the stairs. Okay so swap you two sourpusses AND see you one butt stepper for your graduation rel's! (And as a bonus you get the Blue Angels flying over now and again all day today)
That should be hilarious!! At least your stairs should be nice and clean.
wink_smile.gif

I'll trade ANYBODY for my 2 night reservation for today who really is coming for college orientation next month!!
When I send out reminder emails I feel like I'm their mother, then when I don't I feel even worse
embaressed_smile.gif

This was yesterday so I am standing pat with the hand I was dealt. I had a pair of Pats and a Jan. They left this morning and I miss all of them already. The stinkers left me cards with green things to take to Germany to aid the enjoyment.
It is so nice to FINALLY be friends with my sister! What was really neat is that although the rain kept us from walking around the farm where we grew up, this morning I filmed a message to take to Germany. I will film all my kids at the family cookout in Iowa to add to it.

This was yesterday so I am standing pat with the hand I was dealt. I had a pair of Pats and a Jan. They left this morning and I miss all of them already. The stinkers left me cards with green things to take to Germany to aid the enjoyment.
It is so nice to FINALLY be friends with my sister! What was really neat is that although the rain kept us from walking around the farm where we grew up, this morning I filmed a message to take to Germany. I will film all my kids at the family cookout in Iowa to add to it..
I wish my B&B was Buckingham Palace, then I'd have a Royal Flush. . .
wink_smile.gif

Back