Innkeeper Resolutions for 2009

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, no BOGO. Discounts, youbetchya. The thing is, people come here to do things, there are few who just are getting away and enjoy this B&B, but most are here to go and do and see things. So that would mean BOGO's on weekends, special events, holidays. On a day like today they could be here hiking their butts off and loving these mountains. Wamr sunny blue skies, perfect for that. But you never can plan a trip around the weather this time of year.
I am un-decroating the tree, cleaning, dusting (with a shovel) and decrapifying. UGH
Nope, no BOGO..
I won't rain on your parade here, but we just had a very nice couple stay here on an Iloveinns BOGO. I allowed them to use it for a Sunday/Monday so they paid the Sunday (weekend rate) and they were very pleasant. I have had my fair share of PITA BOGOs, and PITA GCs, but they are not all bad.
Our tree won't come down til this weekend at least. We are full for New Year's and without housekeepers until Monday (after tomorrow) so I am creating as little mess as possible until then.

Oh yeah it gets worse, much worse before it gets better trying to put all this stuff away. (Christmas stuff).
I have had a good BOGO. But not all. I am glad you had great guests from one. I guess that iloveinns article just got to me, telling us to increase BOGO's. I am to the point in this game where I really like to have total control and not less control. I know I do, but I signed up for BOGO for marketing purposes and it doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere fast.
Just one more thing to cast aside and try something new in the new year.
shades_smile.gif

I resolve to keep all my guest rooms guest ready (i.e., not wait to clean them until the day the guests are due to arrive).
=)
Kk.

Get more rest.
Stay better organized in our private area - keep up on paperwork.
Try more new recipes for the guests.
Not to try to take on too much at once.
Have plenty of family time.

I'm late with this one .... but I resolve to stay sane.
I'm still feeling buried by general "stuff" that got sidelined when I was doing the inn and the store but the list is slowly growing smaller. The to-do list for the new place is growing bigger (which is OK, hard work is what will make this place "work"). I'm wading through the town ridiculousness involved in setting up a wine-bar .... basically massive amounts of "busy-work" ..... We're having an open weekend for the new place at the end of the month (including 11 rooms for overnight guests) and Dad is coming to stay - which is absolutely fabulous news, but I want to make sure that I have as much done as possible so we can spend some quality time.

I'm still feeling buried by general "stuff" that got sidelined when I was doing the inn and the store but the list is slowly growing smaller. The to-do list for the new place is growing bigger (which is OK, hard work is what will make this place "work"). I'm wading through the town ridiculousness involved in setting up a wine-bar .... basically massive amounts of "busy-work" ..... We're having an open weekend for the new place at the end of the month (including 11 rooms for overnight guests) and Dad is coming to stay - which is absolutely fabulous news, but I want to make sure that I have as much done as possible so we can spend some quality time..
I don't know if this will work for you at your wine bar, but our wine shops here have a free tasting on Fridays. It's usually 4 or so wines and sure brings in a crowd and sells a lot of wine. I think you'd have to check and see if it's legal to give tastes away, but you could adjust it to promoting a certain wine at a lower cost as a happy hour sort of thing.
We also have a wine bar here called Siips which is very popular. They have happy hour specials as different wines need to be gotten rid of.
Whatever you do, don't name it "Crush". We have a wind bar here by that name and they are being sued by some big company out of New York. The New York company says they can't use the name. I don't recall why...
Riki

I'm still feeling buried by general "stuff" that got sidelined when I was doing the inn and the store but the list is slowly growing smaller. The to-do list for the new place is growing bigger (which is OK, hard work is what will make this place "work"). I'm wading through the town ridiculousness involved in setting up a wine-bar .... basically massive amounts of "busy-work" ..... We're having an open weekend for the new place at the end of the month (including 11 rooms for overnight guests) and Dad is coming to stay - which is absolutely fabulous news, but I want to make sure that I have as much done as possible so we can spend some quality time..
I don't know if this will work for you at your wine bar, but our wine shops here have a free tasting on Fridays. It's usually 4 or so wines and sure brings in a crowd and sells a lot of wine. I think you'd have to check and see if it's legal to give tastes away, but you could adjust it to promoting a certain wine at a lower cost as a happy hour sort of thing.
We also have a wine bar here called Siips which is very popular. They have happy hour specials as different wines need to be gotten rid of.
Whatever you do, don't name it "Crush". We have a wind bar here by that name and they are being sued by some big company out of New York. The New York company says they can't use the name. I don't recall why...
Riki
Crush is the name of an orange soda pop - Orange Crush commonly known as Crush.

Back