Innkeeper Test: Guest credit cards all declined - 'can I barter for my stay?' What would YOU do?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck did he want to barter for?
I would love for someone to stay and clean up all my leaves but I would have to know them and set it up in advance.
Maybe I would like to barter for pictures or artwork or an exchange with another innkeeper. Oh well I can dream and on and on the list goes.
I would not let him stay. He surley kwew his cards were maxed out.

WHY BARTERING CAN GET YOU IN JAIL!
Cops: Man tries to pay for fast food meal with pot
VERO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A McDonald's cashier called 911 after a Vero Beach drive-thru customer allegedly offered to pay for his meal with marijuana. The Indian River County Sheriff's Office said the cashier called Monday with a description of the vehicle the suspect had been riding in.
A deputy spotted the vehicle, found marijuana in the car and arrested its occupant, 27-year-old Shawn Alexander Pannullo.
Pannullo was charged with possession of cannabis and posted $500 bail. It was unclear if he had an attorney.
A Sheriff's report did not say what the suspect ordered at McDonald's or if he ultimately purchased the meal using something other than marijuana.
Information from: Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers: http://www.tcpalm.com

smileystooges.gif

I came in on this late...haven't been on the forum much lately. Thank goodness you sent this man on his way! No pay...no stay. You are not a charity or halfway house! Could have opened you to safety and liability issues. I would have been uncomfortable with this as someone on my own there for sure.
Curious, was this room booked by phone or online? How far in advance was it booked?
You could have asked for CASH but definitely not take a check.
Good job for sending him on his way!

Back