Innkeeper woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I hate when this happens because it throws the whole day off. Every piddly little thing annoys me.
  • Guest walking into kitchen during breakfast to dump something in the sink because the sign wasn't big enough to read what he was putting in his cereal. Then, no more of that cereal, that was the last box.
  • Guests not showing up at all for breakfast, just coffee, at which point either of them could have mentioned they were going back to bed for 3 hours.
  • Started a load of laundry to get the quilts back on the beds all nice and clean and washer sat there for an hour trying to balance the load. Now an hour behind on getting the quilts back on the beds.

I'm sorry your day started out that way. I want to commiserate -
  • Guest comes to the kitchen sink to rinse out their water bottle all over the peach peels I was accumulating and planning to keep to make jelly.
  • Guest shows up 5 minutes after breakfast time (9am) saying "I just wanted to be courteous and let you now that my wife & I won't be joining you for breakfast." Meanwhile, I'm plating their food and their fruit & muffin were already on the table. But, he couldn't say anything about it to us 1.5 hours ago when he stopped us on the way in to babble about some nonsense.
Some day's there's no winning, no matter how good of a mood you might have come to work with. Good luck!

And lets not forget the folks who left a nice shiny penny for a 'tip'. Can I write to Dear Abby and ask her to use her bully pulpit to explain that housekeepers put up with enough crap and getting a nice shiny penny is just a spit in the eye?

• Guest comes to the kitchen sink to rinse out their water bottle all over the peach peels I was accumulating and planning to keep to make jelly.
  • Guest shows up 5 minutes after breakfast time (9am) saying "I just wanted to be courteous and let you now that my wife & I won't be joining you for breakfast." Meanwhile, I'm plating their food and their fruit & muffin were already on the table. But, he couldn't say anything about it to us 1.5 hours ago when he stopped us on the way in to babble about some nonsense.
Some day's there's no winning, no matter how good of a mood you might have come to work with. Good luck!.
Good to see you again!

Some day's there's no winning, no matter how good of a mood you might have come to work with. Good luck!.
Good to see you again!
Thanks
shades_smile.gif

You have been missed.

You have been missed.
Awe, thanks! I've been way too super busy. Counting down the days til I'm officially off one of my boards (where I've been battling other strong personalities. I'M TIRED of fighting!!) 19 days & counting! I'm festival organizer of a large annual event here that's happening in 30 days. Ugh. Can't wait til that's done. Recertifying in Medical First Responder and riding along with ambulances. That's been fun, but it's a 12 hours shift. the Inn's been busier this season with more mid-week guests than usual. And it's only getting busier. I don't even know what day of the week it is sometimes. lol
I've missed my Innspiring Family! I don't even know who is who anymore
confused_smile.gif

And lets not forget the folks who left a nice shiny penny for a 'tip'. Can I write to Dear Abby and ask her to use her bully pulpit to explain that housekeepers put up with enough crap and getting a nice shiny penny is just a spit in the eye?.
Thank goodness we no longer have pennies.

I change my settings to medium spin for that kind of stuff to prevent that unbalanced problem.

And lets not forget the folks who left a nice shiny penny for a 'tip'. Can I write to Dear Abby and ask her to use her bully pulpit to explain that housekeepers put up with enough crap and getting a nice shiny penny is just a spit in the eye?.
not cool of them. I think the penny can mean 'very good job' but it is supposed to be accompanied by some real money.
The bride and her friends left nothing. But trash. Lots of trash.

not cool of them. I think the penny can mean 'very good job' but it is supposed to be accompanied by some real money.
Around here, it's an insult.... a big one.

Baby Puss said:
Yep here too at least in restaurants.

If I see a penny here at the B&B, I don't think it was left as a tip (
cry_smile.gif
at least I hope not!) I believe that they think it is not worth picking up. And I just stick with that thought!

Just make the reservation online already! Phone tag all day and last night with a guest who just won't reserve online no matter what the phone message or I say to him.
I'm hoping someone else goes online and books the room.

And one more: caller for a free night for veteran's day giving me a hard time because we don't have any rooms open for the TWO days she wanted. Asked to book for NEXT year, which I declined to do. Got cranky again with me.
Call someone else. We're not the only place that does this!
I need to get some sleep. These calls are getting to me!

And one more: caller for a free night for veteran's day giving me a hard time because we don't have any rooms open for the TWO days she wanted. Asked to book for NEXT year, which I declined to do. Got cranky again with me.
Call someone else. We're not the only place that does this!
I need to get some sleep. These calls are getting to me!.
I cannot imagine giving away free nights for any reason - a modest discount maybe. People appreciate an experience they pay for. They often take advantage of programs like this. There is enough hassle trying to reach breakeven; this program does not hold interest for me. Charity for me is $$$ to church or truly remarkable charities.
And you continue to strengthen my intent to let a machine answer for me. Being a slave to the phone is enough to kill my interest in opening an inn...

Back