Innkeepers Health Insurance - Does it exist?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a group policy for Innkeepers?
My health insurace premiums have reached the unaffordable range.
cry_smile.gif

Do you belong to the state innkeepers assoc? Ours has a policy thru them. Ditto any Chamber groups. They have small biz policies as well.

PAII doesn't have anything. We get ours through the NASE (National Association of Self-Employed). Still costs about as much as an individual Blue Cross/Blue Shield but you can't be cancelled since it's a group policy. That doesn't stop them from jacking the rates up - it just went up another $50 a month so we raised our deductible by 50% to keep the same monthly payment.

PAII doesn't have anything. We get ours through the NASE (National Association of Self-Employed). Still costs about as much as an individual Blue Cross/Blue Shield but you can't be cancelled since it's a group policy. That doesn't stop them from jacking the rates up - it just went up another $50 a month so we raised our deductible by 50% to keep the same monthly payment..
Do they reject you if you have a pre-existing condition?

PAII doesn't have anything. We get ours through the NASE (National Association of Self-Employed). Still costs about as much as an individual Blue Cross/Blue Shield but you can't be cancelled since it's a group policy. That doesn't stop them from jacking the rates up - it just went up another $50 a month so we raised our deductible by 50% to keep the same monthly payment..
Do they reject you if you have a pre-existing condition?
I don't know for sure; we pay a higher rate because I have a pre-existing condition (treatable with medication). The agent called it an 'adder'. I did have to get a statement from my orthopedic surgeon that my broken ankle was not a 'recurring condition'.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

NOpe...never heard of any anywhere. We tried to do something in our state and it just couldn't be accomplished.

muirford said:
PAII doesn't have anything. We get ours through the NASE (National Association of Self-Employed). Still costs about as much as an individual Blue Cross/Blue Shield but you can't be cancelled since it's a group policy. That doesn't stop them from jacking the rates up - it just went up another $50 a month so we raised our deductible by 50% to keep the same monthly payment.
That's a good idea. I'll check it out. I contacted the state associate buyt no word yet.

Do you belong to the state innkeepers assoc? Ours has a policy thru them. Ditto any Chamber groups. They have small biz policies as well..
Do you belong to the state innkeepers assoc? Ours has a policy thru them. Ditto any Chamber groups. They have small biz policies as well
Are you saying your Maine State B & B association offers health care insurance for innkeepers???? I have never heard of any association being able to afford to get that for members.

Do you belong to the state innkeepers assoc? Ours has a policy thru them. Ditto any Chamber groups. They have small biz policies as well..
Do you belong to the state innkeepers assoc? Ours has a policy thru them. Ditto any Chamber groups. They have small biz policies as well
Are you saying your Maine State B & B association offers health care insurance for innkeepers???? I have never heard of any association being able to afford to get that for members.
catlady said:
Right from the website...they don't offer it themselves but they got group rates thru this agency.
HEALTH, DENTAL AND LIFE INSURANCE Receive competitive rates on health, dental and life insurance through our preferred vendor, XXX Insurance Agency. Contact XXX to find out how the Association can serve your insurance needs. Our dental program is second to none, and in the area of health care, XXX Insurance Agency can provide quotes from all appropriate providers in Maine. You can find out more about XXX Insurance Agency, one of the largest in Maine,

catlady said:
Right from the website...they don't offer it themselves but they got group rates thru this agency.
HEALTH, DENTAL AND LIFE INSURANCE Receive competitive rates on health, dental and life insurance through our preferred vendor, XXX Insurance Agency. Contact XXX to find out how the Association can serve your insurance needs. Our dental program is second to none, and in the area of health care, XXX Insurance Agency can provide quotes from all appropriate providers in Maine. You can find out more about XXX Insurance Agency, one of the largest in Maine,
Well that certainly would give someone an incentive to join the association....if the group rates are comparable or better than they can get elsewhere. We tried to come up with something in VA a few years ago and hit a wall every time we tried. I want to say something else..but I will restrain myself.....
cry_smile.gif

Back