Innkeepers with the DT's

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Our guests this morning told me they first called a waterfront B&B and were told by the owner "sorry we are closed for DT's" and that was that. End of call. This super nice couple thought that was odd, and then found us and said "THAT IS THE PLACE!" as our website etc was welcoming, albeit not waterfront in the least, but we provided thunder lightning and downpours all night for them!
Clear today, beautiful morning. Our gardens have blooms we have NEVER seen since living here. Everything is blooming, everywhere. Peonies, azaleas, rhodies, irises, every rose bush has roses, red pink and yellow climbing roses, etc etc. So I recommended to this couple the room that looks out on the gardens and they were out there early enjoying it all. I was going to take a photo yesterday after we mowed, but the thunder was rumbling.
Not sure what DT's are, I mean I know what DT's are, and hopefully that is not what they meant.

More than likely they misunderstood what was said. Altho, what comes to mind is 'disease'.

We thought it was down time. But they questioned that since the season is not even open for a "lakeside" B&B. I said maybe they did reno's all winter.

Delirium tremens (Latin for "shaking frenzy", also referred to as The DTs, "the horrors," "jazz hands," "giving the invisible man a handshake" or "the shakes." ) is an acute episode of delirium that is usually caused by withdrawal from alcohol, first described in 1813.
Hey, it happens.
smiley-whacky011.gif

Back