Innkeeping Pet Peeves

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guests who return calls on my personal line because that happens to be the phone I used to call them. I distinctly state to return the call at this number and give the inn phone. No. They just hit redial so I answer the phone in my usual 'yeah, what' instead of my happy innkeeper.

Guests who return calls on my personal line because that happens to be the phone I used to call them. I distinctly state to return the call at this number and give the inn phone. No. They just hit redial so I answer the phone in my usual 'yeah, what' instead of my happy innkeeper..
Have you tried calling them with Google? See if they can return that phone call :)

Guests who return calls on my personal line because that happens to be the phone I used to call them. I distinctly state to return the call at this number and give the inn phone. No. They just hit redial so I answer the phone in my usual 'yeah, what' instead of my happy innkeeper..
Alibi Ike said:
Guests who return calls on my personal line because that happens to be the phone I used to call them. I distinctly state to return the call at this number and give the inn phone. No. They just hit redial so I answer the phone in my usual 'yeah, what' instead of my happy innkeeper.
Honestly every flippin' message I have says call me back at " " and the caller id has a totally different number, EVERY CALL, it is totally irritating. I want to hit the button and just dial it.

Haha! Even if you answer "hello", they're all dazed & confused. They ask, "Is this the XYZ B&B?" Dur...

Things that drive me crazy ...
Every Tom Dick and Harry nonprofit that wants a free night's stay assuring me that I can take the value off my taxes, then getting miffed when I say "No I Can't"
Every telemarketer that asks "How are you doing today?"

Every Tom Dick and Harry nonprofit that wants a free night's stay assuring me that I can take the value off my taxes, then getting miffed when I say "No I Can't"
Every telemarketer that asks "How are you doing today?".
Innkeep said:
Almost a guarantee it's a telemarketer. No one else asks how I feel.

Don't you hate the ones from Netbiz that forever offer to put you on the front page of Google. Frankly, it just says "Google" on the front page of Google and when I can afford the hostile takeover... I won't be running a B&B.
Used to have a condo in Florida that the telephone was registered in my late grandparents name. When the telemarketers used to call and ask for them, I used to ask if they had a Ouija board.

Innkeep said:
Almost a guarantee it's a telemarketer. No one else asks how I feel.
So, how YOU doin'?
regular_smile.gif

My non-profits also tell me that they are giving me the opportunity to get great exposure and publicity with all their attendees. Right! Gave one to a group for 2 years in a row - stopped after the second GC user told me she was out-bid the year before and had to wait until this year to get it. Would she just book it? NO. Waited until she could get it cheap at a function.

My non-profits also tell me that they are giving me the opportunity to get great exposure and publicity with all their attendees. Right! Gave one to a group for 2 years in a row - stopped after the second GC user told me she was out-bid the year before and had to wait until this year to get it. Would she just book it? NO. Waited until she could get it cheap at a function.
For me it's always local charities that want it. Why would they get a reasonable bid from someone who lives in Montreal and why would I want exposure in Montreal? And then the pet charities.... and I'm not pet friendly (I'm allergic).

Back