Innmates in 2012

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[h2]
Were you able to visit or meet up with any innmates from this forum in 2012? If so who or how many? Will you plan to meet some of these fine innkeepers in 2013?[/h2]
From JB - - I was able to finally meet in person one innmate I have known here the longest. It was a real treat! I highly recommend a visit. Putting a real person to all this text is beneficial, and forms a great bond. Also, if anyone is in my area, please visit, you are more than welcome. If you can't stay overnight, we can meet up for lunch enroute to your destination!

Yes, met a few 'new' innkeepers and got to stay with some 'old' innkeepers. Lots of fun!

We also have the latch-string out for any innmates traveling and if possibly possible will drive to meet for lunch or dinner. Over the years I have been blessed to meet many of the innmates. I was able to suggest 2 of them as a between you and me to guests coming this summer.
We cemented the realization that WE do not travel any longer - too hard on DH. ME still do though and hope to do a bit more in the future.

YEP...it was FUN! And it took too long..
Did you get "home" for Christmas? How is your Mom?
Yes we made it home and back fine...though there was 6 inches of snow on Tuesday. so we were actually stuck in the hotel one day. Then had a rough patch driving back the other day in W. Md. but all went well. It was good to see her. She is doing as well as can be expected. Her short term memory is shot but she still remembers from way back when.

I was very fortunate and appreciative to the 3 innmates I met on my travels this year. I now can make omelets courtesy of the DH of an innmate (thanks Maddie)

Nope. We've been considering going to the PAII conference, though we haven't bought tickets yet. Just not sure of the value for us. Is anyone going from here?

Nope. We've been considering going to the PAII conference, though we haven't bought tickets yet. Just not sure of the value for us. Is anyone going from here?.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Nope. We've been considering going to the PAII conference, though we haven't bought tickets yet. Just not sure of the value for us. Is anyone going from here?
You should be going as a lecturer. On many topics, you could teach them a lot.

Nope. We've been considering going to the PAII conference, though we haven't bought tickets yet. Just not sure of the value for us. Is anyone going from here?.
One of the USA innmates was literally up the road from me but didn't know! INN mates are always welcome here! -

Eric Arthur Blair said:
You should be going as a lecturer. On many topics, you could teach them a lot.
Thanks. But not this year. In any case, we still haven't decided if we will go. When's the show coming up close to the border?

I got to meet Tipsy and Madeleine. I was near several others and thought of them as I drove through their area. (Drove through Louisiana and Georgia. Stopped at Bristol, VA one night, but got there very late and left early...)
Kk.

I was very fortunate and appreciative to the 3 innmates I met on my travels this year. I now can make omelets courtesy of the DH of an innmate (thanks Maddie).
I just today found the photos we took before the batteries went dead on the camera! You & me & Tipsy. I will send them along. I will not post them here!

I was very fortunate and appreciative to the 3 innmates I met on my travels this year. I now can make omelets courtesy of the DH of an innmate (thanks Maddie).
I just today found the photos we took before the batteries went dead on the camera! You & me & Tipsy. I will send them along. I will not post them here!
Madeleine said:
Maddie, I invested in a battery charger and extra set of batteries for each of our caneras - including the camcorder when I got them. The extra batteries are kept in the pocket of the large leather fanny pack I bought for travel in 2006. Both my Sonys (camera and camcorder) fit in the fanny pack that I use for camera case. Same for DH w/extra battery for his camera. There have been so many times this investment paid off. Got the batteries on Ama zon for reasonable price. After about 5 years of recharging the original batteries stopped holding a charge. Got another great deal on rechargeable smae place. Hope you never have it happen again.

Madeleine said:
Maddie, I invested in a battery charger and extra set of batteries for each of our caneras - including the camcorder when I got them. The extra batteries are kept in the pocket of the large leather fanny pack I bought for travel in 2006. Both my Sonys (camera and camcorder) fit in the fanny pack that I use for camera case. Same for DH w/extra battery for his camera. There have been so many times this investment paid off. Got the batteries on Ama zon for reasonable price. After about 5 years of recharging the original batteries stopped holding a charge. Got another great deal on rechargeable smae place. Hope you never have it happen again.
My 'good' camera has rechargeables. My 'pocket' camera goes thru batteries like water. And it doesn't turn itself off so very easy to 'run out'. Thus, I mostly use the good camera.

Madeleine said:
My 'good' camera has rechargeables. My 'pocket' camera goes thru batteries like water. And it doesn't turn itself off so very easy to 'run out'. Thus, I mostly use the good camera.
A couple years ago, our son bought DH a Ni kon Cool Pix for about $125. Last Christmas (2011) our s-i-l called to find out what kind it was because our daughter thought it was such a great camera. Price still about the same but hers doubled the pixels and the zoom is about 3x more think. Why it is cool is this (and why son bought it) - due to the polio, DH is a lefty with only one working hand and he can hold this camera and shoot with one hand. It is so small it fits in his shirt pocket. Has rechargeable battery. Takes very good pictures. Shuts itself off.

Back