InnReserve!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
InnReserve is back in business and has an upgrade for Windows 7! Yipeee! I love this little system for my two rooms!
RIki

Hmm I know someone who won't be happy about that. So Jeff decided to get back in the game huh?

Hmm I know someone who won't be happy about that. So Jeff decided to get back in the game huh?.
Well I'm happy. It's easy, it's basic, and does all that I need. No bells and whistles to pay for that I won't use.
Riki

Hmm I know someone who won't be happy about that. So Jeff decided to get back in the game huh?.
Well I'm happy. It's easy, it's basic, and does all that I need. No bells and whistles to pay for that I won't use.
Riki
Oh I agree. It has it's niche for sure. I used it and liked it. Only concern is that you have to have MS Access to use it and most people don't want to spend the price of the full MS OFFICE PRO to get access. It does not come with the Student / Home Edition.
Unless...has he changed the database? I looked on the site and it doesn't look any different and no real announcement on the site about it being updated.

Riki
Oh I agree. It has it's niche for sure. I used it and liked it. Only concern is that you have to have MS Access to use it and most people don't want to spend the price of the full MS OFFICE PRO to get access. It does not come with the Student / Home Edition.
Unless...has he changed the database? I looked on the site and it doesn't look any different and no real announcement on the site about it being updated.
catlady said:
There has been just a few changes that don't warrant me getting the new one, he explained to me. But I do like that I can call him if I need any help now. Even if there is a charge I don't need help that often. I just like it because we don't need a bigger more complex management system. If one existed that we could use for both the rooms and the wine tours then it would be worth it. But nobody has anything that can incorporate the tours, so it's simply not worth the money to me or I'd get Resnexus tomorrow
Riki

Off the orig topic but so many are going with cloud computing so they don't have to purchase all these programs anymore. I ordered the new Chromebook for my mother who uses online email and the web only, it should arrive today or tomorrow, it has been a bear having a mini laptop/netbook with anything else on it for her. http://www.google.com/chromebook/
I am really going to check it out for my own use if I am going to buy one down the road. The speed and efficiency are right up my alley!

Off the orig topic but so many are going with cloud computing so they don't have to purchase all these programs anymore. I ordered the new Chromebook for my mother who uses online email and the web only, it should arrive today or tomorrow, it has been a bear having a mini laptop/netbook with anything else on it for her. http://www.google.com/chromebook/
I am really going to check it out for my own use if I am going to buy one down the road. The speed and efficiency are right up my alley!.
Yes a good solution for those who just want the web and email. How much is monthly service? Just curious. Just got a Dell Inspiron for our foundation work and I have been very impressed with it already. We got a pretty basic model for under $600 and it handles anything I have done with it so far.. only problem...set up was a bit sketchy at first...everything was set up in HINDI...:-( So as soon as I changed the language setting it was fine :)

I am really going to check it out for my own use if I am going to buy one down the road. The speed and efficiency are right up my alley!.
Yes a good solution for those who just want the web and email. How much is monthly service? Just curious. Just got a Dell Inspiron for our foundation work and I have been very impressed with it already. We got a pretty basic model for under $600 and it handles anything I have done with it so far.. only problem...set up was a bit sketchy at first...everything was set up in HINDI...:-( So as soon as I changed the language setting it was fine :)
Here is an overview
No monthly fee for Mom, for business you can add that if you want to.
This monthly subscription includes free software and hardware upgrades, as well as administrative support

Here is an overview
No monthly fee for Mom, for business you can add that if you want to.
This monthly subscription includes free software and hardware upgrades, as well as administrative support
That's for using their service right? So what about 3 G / connection costs?

It arrived today. We didn't order the 3g mobile broadband version, she has wifi at home and at her snowbird destination, and here. No addtl charge.
It is AWESOME!
You either log in with gmail or as a guest. The guest tracks NO history, no cookies, of course logging in as gmail gives you the full Chrome effect, which is what I use 100% of the time.
The sounds was great, she was blown away by watching youtube and with earbuds she had even better sound. I put on a Perry Mason and twilight zone, she was like WHAT!! NO WAY!
The most important reason I WOULD GET ONE is there is a 4 in 1 card reader (vs the ipads which do not have this for my digital photos) . The keys are flat and spaced on a full size keyboard, WAY WAY better than what she has on a netbook, also the thumb pad was WIDE and the wrist rest area is about 3 - 4 inches in depth, so you can rest your wrists on it nicely. Vs this keybpard I am using right now!
8.5 hour battery life. 10 seconds to boot. HD video camera built in for skype etc. We will get her on that later on with her learning curve to the grandkids in Ireland.
I am impressed. I would use one in a heartbeat, and it has all the apps in the app store SHOULD you need more. She won't.
So basically it is just a browser with keyboard. She will keep her yahoo mail til she gets the hang of it, I DID NOT, I REPEAT, DID NOT come from a technical family, at all. So her even using email is a major accomplishment, MAJOR!! :)
http://www.google.com/chromebook/#chromebooks-samsung

Riki
Thank you for your enthusiastic response to the InnReserve re-opening. For those that may have been missed in my email announcement, following is the text of the email I sent out to the InnReserve customer list.
InnReserve International Reservation Software for
Bed and Breakfast Inns
August 15, 2011
Dear InnReserve Customer,
You are receiving this email because you are, or have been, a user of the InnReserve International Reservation Software for Bed and Breakfast Inns.
At the end of 2009, we sent out an email notifying all users that we were closing the InnReserve business. The reason we gave was a slow down in new sales and the resulting lack of revenue to justify continuation. Perhaps a partial cause of the slowdown was related to the recession. Since then we have seen continued interest in the product from new users and existing customers with recent inquires for upgrades compatible with Windows 7 and Office 2010.

As a result of the positive feeback we have taken action to reopen InnReserve and the InnReserve web site www.innreserve.com for business. InnReserve has now been tested against Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Access 2010 so the latest version is compatible with these latest Microsoft environments for those of you that are moving in that direction.

We have changed the support policies so that support, after a free 90-day warranty period for a new purchase or upgrade, is chargeable. See the support page on the website for details.
Thank you and please email [email protected] if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Jeff Benson
Principal
InnReserve International
Email: [email protected]

Riki
catlady
The difference on the InnReserve web site is that it is there. It has been offline since mid 2010. The support for the newer Microsoft offerings is noted on the requirements page.
For those that may have been missed in my email announcement, following is the text of the email I sent out to the InnReserve customer list.
Bed and Breakfast Inns
August 15, 2011
You are receiving this email because you are, or have been, a user of the InnReserve International Reservation Software for Bed and Breakfast Inns.
At the end of 2009, we sent out an email notifying all users that we were closing the InnReserve business. The reason we gave was a slow down in new sales and the resulting lack of revenue to justify continuation. Perhaps a partial cause of the slowdown was related to the recession. Since then we have seen continued interest in the product from new users and existing customers with recent inquires for upgrades compatible with Windows 7 and Office 2010.
As a result of the positive feeback we have taken action to reopen InnReserve and the InnReserve web site www.innreserve.com for business. InnReserve has now been tested against Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Access 2010 so the latest version is compatible with these latest Microsoft environments for those of you that are moving in that direction.
We have changed the support policies so that support, after a free 90-day warranty period for a new purchase or upgrade, is chargeable. See the support page on the website for details.
Sincerely,
Jeff Benson
Principal
InnReserve International

Riki
catlady
You can buy Office 2010 Professional with MS Access and everthing else that goes with it for $215 at evaluesoftware.com for download. That is where I purchased it and the transaction went well. "Seek and you shall find".

Riki
catlady
The difference on the InnReserve web site is that it is there. It has been offline since mid 2010. The support for the newer Microsoft offerings is noted on the requirements page.
For those that may have been missed in my email announcement, following is the text of the email I sent out to the InnReserve customer list.
Bed and Breakfast Inns
August 15, 2011
Sincerely,
Jeff Benson
Principal
InnReserve International
Thanks Jeff! I just was not sure what changes had been made. You definitely fill a niche so glad you are back in the game. Best wishes.

Back