InnRewards is coming together nicely

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added more characters to the main text on each listing to 300. The reward text I will find out. I think there should be enough room to say what you need to about booking online. If you are using Res Key you can add an extra field to your reservation form. I took a screen shot from mine so you can see what it would look like. It only takes a few clicks to set it up.
Screen%20shot%202013-04-11%20at%207.02.23%20PM.png
Why would you add an extra field and not just create a discount code?

I added more characters to the main text on each listing to 300. The reward text I will find out. I think there should be enough room to say what you need to about booking online. If you are using Res Key you can add an extra field to your reservation form. I took a screen shot from mine so you can see what it would look like. It only takes a few clicks to set it up.
I guess that would work if you are only giving discounts. Its been really fun to see all the different things people are offering. If I was a guests I know some of them I would want to cash in on!
Not everyone is giving discounts.
If you have a discount code that you mention every where then you wont know where the booking came from. If you choose to do it that way, then make sure you have a different code. This way you can keep track of it. If you have it spelled out on your reservation page of where to Enter the Code, people will know what to do with it. But you could try the discount code and see if people know what to do. They might call you and say "I see you have a place to enter discounts, but I don't see where to enter my InnRewards code?" Time will tell! :)

Breakfast Diva said:
That is how I did it. Simple!

Breakfast Diva said:
Yes, if you just give discounts this will work fine. Just make sure its a code you have just for InnRewards and not other sites. Your code you have now will work great.

I guess that would work if you are only giving discounts. Its been really fun to see all the different things people are offering. If I was a guests I know some of them I would want to cash in on!
If you have a discount code that you mention every where then you wont know where the booking came from. If you choose to do it that way, then make sure you have a different code. This way you can keep track of it. If you have it spelled out on your reservation page of where to Enter the Code, people will know what to do with it. But you could try the discount code and see if people know what to do. They might call you and say "I see you have a place to enter discounts, but I don't see where to enter my InnRewards code?" Time will tell! :)
Bob said:
I guess that would work if you are only giving discounts. Its been really fun to see all the different things people are offering. If I was a guests I know some of them I would want to cash in on! Not everyone is giving discounts. If you have a discount code that you mention every where then you wont know where the booking came from. If you choose to do it that way, then make sure you have a different code. This way you can keep track of it. If you have it spelled out on your reservation page of where to Enter the Code, people will know what to do with it. But you could try the discount code and see if people know what to do. They might call you and say "I see you have a place to enter discounts, but I don't see where to enter my InnRewards code?" Time will tell! :)
My discount code is just for Innrewards. No matter what I offer it will be unique to Innrewards and so will the code. My reservation form is long enough I don't want another box for a guest to scroll through.

Bob said:
I guess that would work if you are only giving discounts. Its been really fun to see all the different things people are offering. If I was a guests I know some of them I would want to cash in on! Not everyone is giving discounts. If you have a discount code that you mention every where then you wont know where the booking came from. If you choose to do it that way, then make sure you have a different code. This way you can keep track of it. If you have it spelled out on your reservation page of where to Enter the Code, people will know what to do with it. But you could try the discount code and see if people know what to do. They might call you and say "I see you have a place to enter discounts, but I don't see where to enter my InnRewards code?" Time will tell! :)
My discount code is just for Innrewards. No matter what I offer it will be unique to Innrewards and so will the code. My reservation form is long enough I don't want another box for a guest to scroll through.
Thats one nice thing about Res Key and InnRewards. We all get to pick what works best for us! :)

Bob said:
:)

Bob said:
I added more characters to the main text on each listing to 300.
Thanks! Happy to be able to state just a little more to attract them to click on to my site. Thanks again. The site is coming along nicely.

Bob said:
Thanks! Happy to be able to state just a little more to attract them to click on to my site. Thanks again. The site is coming along nicely.
I just updated your listing! Nice job on the wording!

Breakfast Diva said:
Yes, if you just give discounts this will work fine. Just make sure its a code you have just for InnRewards and not other sites. Your code you have now will work great.
Bob said:
You can also do it if you're giving a gift. Make the value of the gift $.01in your ResKey discount. When they apply the code, it will subtract 1 cent and add the gift.

http://innrewards.com/
I see we are getting some great inns added to http://innrewards.com/ now!
Virginia is leading the pack in the US listings with 6 inns listed!
5 in the UK
4 in Canada
and more...
Get listed everyone, the more the merrier to make this work!
PS We need to get the FACEBOOK PAGE up to speed, get some color to the header. And when an inn is added it should be posted on the FB page.
In the wording on the InnRewards site for innkeepers, when we ask them to use the LOGO they can also LINK/LIKE the Facebook page. Plus some more adjustments are needed in the wording and about section. :).
The FB photo is less than stellar. :-(
Plus, I think the wording of "scheme" isn't the best...almost sounds like a "scam". Maybe change it to a program or offering?
Samster said:
Plus, I think the wording of "scheme" isn't the best...almost sounds like a "scam". Maybe change it to a program or offering?
The page is a lot better now. You should go check it out again! My DW and Empty Nest have been working on it. It looks a lot better now! You should check out the Blog as well. JB did another fantastic Job!
The website and blog are great! Bring over some of those great photos to the Facebook page for your profile pic and cover photo....PLEASE!! And edit your post about "scheme" and change it to program or something else.

5 in the UK
4 in Canada
and more...
PS We need to get the FACEBOOK PAGE up to speed, get some color to the header. And when an inn is added it should be posted on the FB page.
In the wording on the InnRewards site for innkeepers, when we ask them to use the LOGO they can also LINK/LIKE the Facebook page. Plus some more adjustments are needed in the wording and about section. :).
Samster said:
The page is a lot better now. You should go check it out again! My DW and Empty Nest have been working on it. It looks a lot better now! You should check out the Blog as well. JB did another fantastic Job!
The website and blog are great! Bring over some of those great photos to the Facebook page for your profile pic and cover photo....PLEASE!! And edit your post about "scheme" and change it to program or something else.
We already did unless someone turned the old one back on. The one we are using is Innrewards.com on FB.

5 in the UK
4 in Canada
and more...
Samster said:
We already did unless someone turned the old one back on. The one we are using is Innrewards.com on FB.
Well, the "old one" is still out there when you do a search on FB. Need to delete the page? I will like the "new one" at innrewards.com right now!! :)

5 in the UK
4 in Canada
and more...
Samster said:
Well, the "old one" is still out there when you do a search on FB. Need to delete the page? I will like the "new one" at innrewards.com right now!! :)
That's th correct one! It was deleted. I'm not sure why it's back.

My listing still said 255 max and did not like my new attempt. Shall have to wait until I get WORD again so I can count characters. Too long it told me - after 3 or 4 tries at deleting text. Diarrhea of the fingers as usual I guess.

5 in the UK
4 in Canada
and more...
Samster said:
What are you looking at? It is all been updated. I put the images and photos on myself. See here

Bob said:
I just updated your listing! Nice job on the wording!
There are quite a few listings that I want to visit! Choices, choices, choices....

5 in the UK
4 in Canada
and more...
Samster said:
What are you looking at? It is all been updated. I put the images and photos on myself. See here
I liked it yesterday and would have friended today but do not know how.

My listing still said 255 max and did not like my new attempt. Shall have to wait until I get WORD again so I can count characters. Too long it told me - after 3 or 4 tries at deleting text. Diarrhea of the fingers as usual I guess.
I just checked the settings are 300. Email me your text and see if I cant fix it for you. :)

5 in the UK
4 in Canada
and more...
Samster said:
EmptyNest said:
Again, this is what I speak of.
If you do not have the NAME of your facebook page set you will get NUMBER extension on it. What does this mean? This mean when you do a search IN FB you will find the OTHER InnRewards FB PAGE, as no one knows to search for a bunch of numbers.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InnRewardscom/147549422086416?ref=hl <this is what it is currently
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InnRewardscom <now check this one? You will get a PAGE NOT FOUND
SEARCH FB for InnRewards and you get this: https://www.facebook.com/InnRewards?fref=ts
You cannot search in GOOGLE for the facebook page. It won't work, you can only search IN FB. Which is one of the issues, as see results. You cannot guess the page name. It has "InnRewardscom/147549422086416?ref=hl" on it.
I tried to explain this, I am always trying to explain this. It is IMPORTANT if you want people to find your FB page.

Back