Inns for sale 2009

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I noticed some that have been for sale on other directories are now for sale on the rest.
I also noticed a trend in VA that B&B's are for sale within 3 years of purchase. Maybe Catlady can verify this? This one for example. Not sure why they hide the name of it on the for sale listing nor a link to the website. I will give it here.
Your thoughts? Is it the same scenario - the rose colored glasses fall off and the bills mount up?
If you know of an Inn for sale website - please post it on this thread.
http://www.bbonline.com/innkeeper/innsale.html I find this is the one I check most to see what is for sale as it gives the Inns listed in the last 30 days feature.

We found that most of the properties we looked at did NOT have any sort of identifying info online. It took some guesswork, using 'near skiing in Eastern NH' and the tiny pix to try to figure out if we even wanted to look at places.
NOW, if I do a search on MY inn, it still shows up on the broker's 'for sale' page. On the page there is a 'sold' banner on it, but if you are looking online the test you see is 'inn for sale' and my name. THAT'S why they don't list the names and links...so guests hunting for your phone number don't see that and say, 'Nevermind, the place is for sale, we'll go elsewhere.'
At least that's what we were told. One place here sold before we knew it was for sale. The PO's told NO ONE in town until it was a done deal.

Doing a seach this morning turned up this site which I have never seen. It includes hotels & motels too, but it is free to post so it may get listings of those toying with the idea of selling. I found a couple in my state I had no idea they were interested in selling.
www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Manage/

Yep..you are correct on this one. But most of the others on this bbonline site have been inns for YEARS. Some have retired..or are trying to.
Now this one...they have onlly been at it a year. Jumped in without really understanding where they were etc...Want to go back to Europe. They think they can get $300K more than they paid for it a year ago...NOT!!!!

Yep..you are correct on this one. But most of the others on this bbonline site have been inns for YEARS. Some have retired..or are trying to.
Now this one...they have onlly been at it a year. Jumped in without really understanding where they were etc...Want to go back to Europe. They think they can get $300K more than they paid for it a year ago...NOT!!!!.
I cannot imagine the cleaning...all those tubs, all that sq ftge (altho it is smaller than my building, it has bigger rooms so the WHOLE thing has to be cleaned all the time), separate buildings to manage. Yikes!

Doing a seach this morning turned up this site which I have never seen. It includes hotels & motels too, but it is free to post so it may get listings of those toying with the idea of selling. I found a couple in my state I had no idea they were interested in selling.
www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Manage/.
Copperhead said:
www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Manage/
Ditto on the surprise at finding what is on there for sale!

We found that most of the properties we looked at did NOT have any sort of identifying info online. It took some guesswork, using 'near skiing in Eastern NH' and the tiny pix to try to figure out if we even wanted to look at places.
NOW, if I do a search on MY inn, it still shows up on the broker's 'for sale' page. On the page there is a 'sold' banner on it, but if you are looking online the test you see is 'inn for sale' and my name. THAT'S why they don't list the names and links...so guests hunting for your phone number don't see that and say, 'Nevermind, the place is for sale, we'll go elsewhere.'
At least that's what we were told. One place here sold before we knew it was for sale. The PO's told NO ONE in town until it was a done deal..
Bree said:
At least that's what we were told. One place here sold before we knew it was for sale. The PO's told NO ONE in town until it was a done deal.
I think that is a viable answer, except all the other 500 inns do list their name. I agree, our place is now taken off the list, but if you searched for it before it would come up SOLD for like 2 yearsm fortunately they took the sale price off it after it sold. It was in the text for a long time.

At least that's what we were told. One place here sold before we knew it was for sale. The PO's told NO ONE in town until it was a done deal..
Bree said:
I think that is a viable answer, except all the other 500 inns do list their name. I agree, our place is now taken off the list, but if you searched for it before it would come up SOLD for like 2 yearsm fortunately they took the sale price off it after it sold. It was in the text for a long time.
I did notice that on quite a few places...full name and all the particulars. One place here listed online they had 20% occ and revenue of $50k. They wanted $995,000 for their place. I was stunned. And yet, they sold. Don't know for how much because I wasn't able to find the listing with the sold info on it.

Back