Inns for sale - presale

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very open right now.
I guess our definition of "rural" would be something that is NOT in the middle of any town/village/city. On the skirts, more or less. My hubby is an outdoorsy kind of guy. Grew up on tons of acres in Northern Maine. I couldn't put him in a town, he would shrivel up and die. I don't know if he could handle streetlights, sidewalks and hearing horns honk and sirens blare.
RIght now, he is chopping firewood by hand on the side of a mountain in Maine.
wink_smile.gif
Hey penelope,
where in northern Maine did your husband grow up? (if you don't mind saying) i have family there & i'm just always surprised when i hear someone else from that area. If you don't want to say, that's fine, i understand.
He grew up outside of Millinocket. It's about an hour north of Bangor up I-95.
Where is your family from?

I guess our definition of "rural" would be something that is NOT in the middle of any town/village/city. On the skirts, more or less. My hubby is an outdoorsy kind of guy. Grew up on tons of acres in Northern Maine. I couldn't put him in a town, he would shrivel up and die. I don't know if he could handle streetlights, sidewalks and hearing horns honk and sirens blare.
wink_smile.gif
Hey penelope,
where in northern Maine did your husband grow up? (if you don't mind saying) i have family there & i'm just always surprised when i hear someone else from that area. If you don't want to say, that's fine, i understand.
Houlton, which is an hour further north of MIllinocket. Houlton is at the end of I-95

wink_smile.gif
Hey penelope,
Houlton, which is an hour further north of MIllinocket. Houlton is at the end of I-95
Keep going...my hub's family is from NB. (Altho not east of Houlton, he's north of Madawaska.)

wink_smile.gif
Hey penelope,
Keep going...my hub's family is from NB. (Altho not east of Houlton, he's north of Madawaska.)
if you cross over to canada from houlton you are in woodstock n.b. houlton is about 3 miles from the border crossing. we have a camp in even more northern maine on st. froid lake. that is closer the fort kent area than it is houlton. our camp is about 2 hours north of houlton.many poeple don't realize there is so much life above portland or bangor even. the ones who don't realize would never dream of going there because they seem to think we have snow from September - June! lol! maine is a big beautiful state!

wink_smile.gif
Hey penelope,
if you cross over to canada from houlton you are in woodstock n.b. houlton is about 3 miles from the border crossing. we have a camp in even more northern maine on st. froid lake. that is closer the fort kent area than it is houlton. our camp is about 2 hours north of houlton.many poeple don't realize there is so much life above portland or bangor even. the ones who don't realize would never dream of going there because they seem to think we have snow from September - June! lol! maine is a big beautiful state!
The Fort Kent area is where my husband's family all now live. We were just up there a few months ago. It sure is pretty. I think their snow season is from Sept-May, not June ;)

Back