Inns for sale that are not inns

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This really perturbs me to no end, we pay to have for sale listing on INNS FOR SALE specific websites or sections of directories and they have under INNS FOR SALE a house, it is not an inn, it has never been an inn. like this

yeah I agree. though I guess the realtors are trying to market to all options. I saw this yesterday and thought..man what a buy! Of course who know if it is actually zoned to be able to be one:-( BBONLINE doesn't care..they just want the $$$. Heck I just found out BBAV will post non member inns for sale on their site now :-( $$$$ talk these days

yeah I agree. though I guess the realtors are trying to market to all options. I saw this yesterday and thought..man what a buy! Of course who know if it is actually zoned to be able to be one:-( BBONLINE doesn't care..they just want the $$$. Heck I just found out BBAV will post non member inns for sale on their site now :-( $$$$ talk these days.
Non member on BBAV? Interesting. If it were more public I might do that. I have done a variety of directores, and am on two or three still. I find most people interested look at all of them anyway. I know we did.
We have our one year contract expiring with our local realtor. I had hoped he might have some interest as this is zoned as a business, not sure what, mega hair salon, doctor's office (again, it used to be one pre B&B). But we had ZERO WALK THRUS with him, so I am going to cancell the contract and use the same Muirford is using and see if we get any bites. This local realtor will still know we are for sale, should there be any interest, he will want to sell it anyway!

When I first started looking there were houses that that were advertised as potential Inns, and you can't blame owners for trying to sell their homes as potential "anything". In addition WE don't HAVE to advertise specifically on Inns for sales listings, we can sell our Inns as regular homes, why can't homes be listed as possible Inns? Any potential Innkeeper with 2 brains would start off by asking about the "business"
Remember - OUR Inns were once regular houses!!

When I first started looking there were houses that that were advertised as potential Inns, and you can't blame owners for trying to sell their homes as potential "anything". In addition WE don't HAVE to advertise specifically on Inns for sales listings, we can sell our Inns as regular homes, why can't homes be listed as possible Inns? Any potential Innkeeper with 2 brains would start off by asking about the "business"
Remember - OUR Inns were once regular houses!!.
agoodman said:
Remember - OUR Inns were once regular houses!!
Because we pay to be listed and every house in the entire world can be listed as a "potential" inn. It is pretty simple really. Inns for sale are INNS, it is not a "potential inn for sale" website. They can list them on MLS however they want, but to go to an INNS FOR SALE site, it wrong, it is NOT AN INN FOR SALE. It is a HOUSE for sale.

It's actually pretty frustrating for the owner of the listing site, in my experience. I get a ton of listings that are clearly not inns, but it's hard telling a realtor (or property owner) that no, they can't list a home. Typically if the intent seems genuine (the property really could be a B&B), then I'll allow it. But I remove listings like this at least once a week.
Honestly, the listing fee seems like a waste of money if you don't really want to sell your property as an inn. The whole reason it makes sense to advertise on a B&B website is because you reach a very specific, targeted audience.
When the listing is free, it's even more complicated. Then you get people adding listings for properties that aren't for sale, they just want some extra exposure and maybe a free link. At least those are easy enough to spot and remove.
I suppose you can't blame anyone for trying.

Back