Inns Magazine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got one, too. Have also gotten it in the past. I don't know how new it is but it's not that new.

We got one, too. Have also gotten it in the past. I don't know how new it is but it's not that new..
I have gotten one too and like it.
I did do research a year or so back because I wanted to subscribe to a real magazine but there were none out there. They all quit printing them because of the internet.[/h3]I was surprised to get one in the mail and will definately subscribe.
Sometimes I just prefer a real magazine over internet...especially when I read in the car.....

We got one, too. Have also gotten it in the past. I don't know how new it is but it's not that new..
I did do research a year or so back because I wanted to subscribe to a real magazine but there were none out there. They all quit printing them because of the internet.[/h3]I was surprised to get one in the mail and will definately subscribe.
Sometimes I just prefer a real magazine over internet...especially when I read in the car.....
Mooseberry Inn said:
Or on the throne ;)

Mooseberry Inn said:
Or on the throne ;)
penelope said:
Mooseberry Inn said:
Or on the throne ;)
True. It is so much easier to take paper with you then a laptop...haha

Mooseberry Inn said:
Or on the throne ;)
penelope said:
Mooseberry Inn said:
Or on the throne ;)
Mooseberry Inn said:
penelope said:
Mooseberry Inn said:
Or on the throne ;)
and a laptop is not as absorbant
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

It MUST be good because it's kind of pricey. $30.00 for 4 issues? Dang!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Do you think the cost is because of the shipping it to the states cost more?? We stayed at an Inn in Maine in June and they had this magazine. I loved looking at it and forgot all about it until now. You can flip through the current issue but can't read anything since the font is so small.

Do you think the cost is because of the shipping it to the states cost more?? We stayed at an Inn in Maine in June and they had this magazine. I loved looking at it and forgot all about it until now. You can flip through the current issue but can't read anything since the font is so small..
GeorgiaGirl said:
Do you think the cost is because of the shipping it to the states cost more?? We stayed at an Inn in Maine in June and they had this magazine. I loved looking at it and forgot all about it until now. You can flip through the current issue but can't read anything since the font is so small.
Sorry, I'm at the age I need large print for everything.
smiley-char124.gif

It's a slick looking magazine, but it seems to ignore most western states. It's too pricey for my blood.

We were in a recipe article a few years ago and they spelled the name of our inn incorrectly.
sad_smile.gif
Not so interested in a subscription after that.

Do you think the cost is because of the shipping it to the states cost more?? We stayed at an Inn in Maine in June and they had this magazine. I loved looking at it and forgot all about it until now. You can flip through the current issue but can't read anything since the font is so small..
GeorgiaGirl said:
smiley-char124.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
smiley-char124.gif
When I was younger and I would hear people say that, I thought that was the silliest thing I heard! Now it's a different story.......!
cry_smile.gif

Mooseberry Inn said:
Or on the throne ;)
penelope said:
Mooseberry Inn said:
Or on the throne ;)
OMG - I had a vision of someone in the lew with a laptop yesterday. I figured I better not go there. LOL!

I get it. I advertise in it, (in the back). I started with them last year, but met them at PAII this March. Really nice people. They have a smallish subscriber list, I think because they were covering Canada only and recently expanded to do North America. Barnes and Noble did a test run of their magazine in a few markets and decided to contract then to put in all their US stores. 70,000 pieces per issue, or so I hear. That should help.
Last issue they featured Colorado Inns. New Mexico will be featured soon too. Last year they did a write up about three of our inns up north in Taos.
They are easy to work with and will arrange payment plans for advertising. They are open to ideas for stories. Got story? Give em a call.

I get it. I advertise in it, (in the back). I started with them last year, but met them at PAII this March. Really nice people. They have a smallish subscriber list, I think because they were covering Canada only and recently expanded to do North America. Barnes and Noble did a test run of their magazine in a few markets and decided to contract then to put in all their US stores. 70,000 pieces per issue, or so I hear. That should help.
Last issue they featured Colorado Inns. New Mexico will be featured soon too. Last year they did a write up about three of our inns up north in Taos.
They are easy to work with and will arrange payment plans for advertising. They are open to ideas for stories. Got story? Give em a call..
aieechihuahua said:
They are easy to work with and will arrange payment plans for advertising. They are open to ideas for stories. Got story? Give em a call.
Have you or will you have any feedback from those inns that were featured? Can they see any increased revenue from it?

The Inns in Taos don't talk much, so I don't know. An Inn in Santa Fe swears by them, but I do not have figures from him. I'll call and ask. I had a small ad with no picture last year that I know I got a few bookings from, so it more than paid for itself. At that time it only ran in Canada and our guests from there were B&B fans.
I will report back as I experience more to do with it.

Back