Innspiring Blog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I just saw that on blogger you can have a blog that allows up to 100 blog authors.
I am considering creating an innspiring blog for everyone to contribute to. You can write whatever you want and post it there! With links and photos back to your inn, your blog, facebook, twitter, etc. There is no minimum per day or maximum. The more the merrier.
If you are a member of this forum AND AN INNKEEPER you will be allowed to contribute to this blog! So if you are lurking and are interested, please come forward and let us meet you. No none contributers to the innspiring forum will be allowed to post anything, or spam.
You can cut n paste stuff from your website or blog, as long as it is an article format. With photos preferably. :)
Is anyone interested?
here is the blog - take a look - if you would like to be added to the authors list, please EMAIL ME and I will add you or email you to confirm it. Any kinks will be worked out along the way...
I have added the first article just to get the blog rolling... I would like to add your own blog to the blog list as well on the right.
Innteractive Inns
http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/

Will confirm & contribute when I get home. Had dinner tonight with my cousin's son & family. He is going to pick me up in a squad car Thursday and take me to their house & drop me off at the hotel on his way to work. He is a cop here.

Good idea JB. Are you hoping to keep the content specific to innkeepers, or more to travelers?
Caution to any posts that are duplicates of what appear on your own blog. If you do that I suggest doing either of the following:
1) alter the article some so it is not identical (duplicate content helps very little)
2) Include a link identified as "source" either at the bottom or top of the post that links to the original post on the original blog. Don't just link to the main page of the blog, but link to the exact page of the post. That will clearly identify your home blog article as the original source.

Hi JB,
I noticed that you put links to directories, would you consider adding mine?
http://www.pillowsandpancakes.com/
TIA
Paul

Hi JB,
TIA
Paul.
paulavery said:
Hi JB,
TIA
Paul
?
Isn't yours first on the list?

Good idea JB. Are you hoping to keep the content specific to innkeepers, or more to travelers?
Caution to any posts that are duplicates of what appear on your own blog. If you do that I suggest doing either of the following:
1) alter the article some so it is not identical (duplicate content helps very little)
2) Include a link identified as "source" either at the bottom or top of the post that links to the original post on the original blog. Don't just link to the main page of the blog, but link to the exact page of the post. That will clearly identify your home blog article as the original source..
Good points.

I didn't want to post a list of do's and don't and scare anyone away...it is pretty simple and straightforward, and I hope everyone has fun with this! We have had 97 pageviews in 24 hours thus far.
[COLOR= rgb(0, 153, 102)]"Are you hoping to keep the content specific to innkeepers, or more to travelers?"[/COLOR]
Both really. Basically "all things B&B" should cover it.
  • More specifically to travelers in the blog articles themselves, but the resources etc will be there for those aspiring or interested in running a B&B, etc.
  • No guest stories (unless glowing reports such as being given a flag flown in Afghanistan and such.) GOOD PR is always welcome. We can add more of "A better way to stay" as that comes around more fully. Things to see and do at your inn or near your inn is what we want to share.
  • Below each article there is a share this icon to share the article on Twitter/Facebook etc. So any time you see that if you care to share the article, the more the merrier.
  • Photos - Maximum photo size is 640 pixel wide, otherwise they will be adjusted to fit, if you use the largest size (called XL on the photo insertion itself) please make sure the resolution is good and not grainy in appearance. Also try to keep the file sizes as small as possible, under 50k would be great. When you add a photo please add a subtitle as well, people love subtitles and google loves subtitles, so it is a win win. We want photos in every article.
  • If you have a couple articles you would like to share - you can post date them and have them populate at a later date. (below your new post it will say POST OPTIONS - click there and you will see 1) automatic or 2) set date and time. (set date and time allows you to put a future date there)
  • Remember bullets and numbering is also preferred by many over wordy articles.
Any suggestions, please let us know. Is there a topic you would like to see covered, or aspect of B&B's you have always wanted to know about, please let us know. Authors will have total control over their articles/photos/links. Catchy titles are always good. :)

Hi JB,
TIA
Paul.
paulavery said:
Hi JB,
TIA
Paul
?
Isn't yours first on the list?
Thanks! I guess I need to clean my eye balls

As soon as you post an article I will add a link to your B&B blog.
teeth_smile.gif

I will also compile a list of all contributing authors B&B's as Recommended B&B's.

Great job..but one suggestion...get a really clear WOW photo for the header. This shaded one doesn't really pop and you want something really attractive.

Great job..but one suggestion...get a really clear WOW photo for the header. This shaded one doesn't really pop and you want something really attractive..
catlady said:
Great job..but one suggestion...get a really clear WOW photo for the header. This shaded one doesn't really pop and you want something really attractive.
any photos anyone would like to give us? Any compilation pix you have in mind? We can add the title to the image instead of on or layered like it is now.
This was only created less than 24 hours ago...so we're going pretty good thus far. :)

Great job..but one suggestion...get a really clear WOW photo for the header. This shaded one doesn't really pop and you want something really attractive..
catlady said:
any photos anyone would like to give us? Any compilation pix you have in mind? We can add the title to the image instead of on or layered like it is now.
This was only created less than 24 hours ago...so we're going pretty good thus far. :)
The photo is not a bad one, just needs to not be grayed out.

CALLING ALL SPECIAL PACKAGES TO THE BLOG...Valentine's day is coming up! http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/
Don't be shy y'all, add away, if you have access, go for it. If not, please email me and I can send you an invite with access. ALL FORUM MEMBERS welcome. (Non forum members not allowed)
PS The header is a place holder til we get a better image there...I have asked a couple people, and hopefully we will come up with something nice! This is a new blog - changes are a comin' :)

Back