Innspiring Fall down go boom.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
Thanks to all who emailed me to let me know that something was wacky about the site (not letting you login, not giving access to password resets, not letting you post comments or new threads ...)
The website definitely had a problem that lasted for at least 5 hours. After a bit of head scratchin, followed by error log digging, I found the cause. Apparently when you squeeze 135MB of awesome discussions into a 100MB database, eventually it starts refusing additional data of any kind. (Just one more wafer thin mint ?)
We are now in a new bigger "building", so try to ignore the echoes. ;)
Sorry for the disruption. Carry on.

You da bomb, man!
shades_smile.gif

Thanks Steve, for I underwent 5 hours of horrible Innspiring withdrawal. You may now go back into your cave, if you must, and we'll continue to play well together.

Thanks for fixing.
I found back in the days of my being an admin that actually aging discussion off the board actually brought new discussion, because you couldn't just point at the old stuff... :) So we purposefully kept the database size and culled.

Thanks but can I change my settings back to what I had before??? I am in a 3 column mode
And the post about the tea still keeps coming up as not read, when I have already read it a dozen times.

What can we say, we are an overachieving bunch here. I get it is better than cleaning cobwebs out of the site!
Cheers for staying on top of it Stev-o!

If the meager ads do no justice in paying for this site, please let us know! As you see it is a lifeline for most of us. Don't be shy. You should not have to foot the bill here.

If the meager ads do no justice in paying for this site, please let us know! As you see it is a lifeline for most of us. Don't be shy. You should not have to foot the bill here..
Joey Bloggs said:
If the meager ads do no justice in paying for this site, please let us know! As you see it is a lifeline for most of us. Don't be shy. You should not have to foot the bill here.
Absolutely!

If the meager ads do no justice in paying for this site, please let us know! As you see it is a lifeline for most of us. Don't be shy. You should not have to foot the bill here..
Joey Bloggs said:
thumbs_up.gif

Cheapo me has checkbook at the ready!! THIS is something I am MORE than willing to cough-up the dollars for. I get more out of here than I did with PA II but at the same time, I was not expecting anything from them other than the advocacy which I got- but not at the new price.

Thanks for your time, energy, expertise, $ and patience! Let us know if you need/want anything from us!

Thanks for all you do Swirt! if you ever need a place to stay let us know!!!
wink_smile.gif

Thanks but can I change my settings back to what I had before??? I am in a 3 column mode
And the post about the tea still keeps coming up as not read, when I have already read it a dozen times..
Hmmm I guess there is a chance that if you tried to save a form, that it might have actually only partially saved some of the data and erased but not replaced others. You might have to just edit your account and re-select your choice as to whether you are using the two column theme or the three column theme.
As far as the tea coming up as not read... try posting something in it, again I think it partially saved that you had read it, but not finished the job so it is kind of stuck for you. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Thanks for all your offers. The upgrade to a larger database did not involve an upcharge. So no worries... But thank you all.

Thanks for all your offers. The upgrade to a larger database did not involve an upcharge. So no worries... But thank you all..
From this Northern I thank you.
These people rock here. So glad I stumble here.
AND thanks to you for having these forms and looking after it also.

Back