INNspiring Glossary

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weasels - those who cancel and then expect you to not charge them if they talk to you enough and try to act like they will book another time. (Sorry i just dealt with a weasel and there should be a YWMT fee - You Waste My Time fee) Yeah talking to me more and wasting MORE of my time will let you off the cancellation charge. NOT!.
as if you want them to make another reservation, which they will likely cancel again, causing the same grief multiple times. Thanks but no thanks. After I had one cancel three times - once within the notice period - I told her that if she made another reservation it would require a nonrefundable deposit of one night. So far she hasn't called.
teeth_smile.gif

Totally sidetracking the glossary here, but...we had a woman cancel several times and each time she called to book after each cancellation she insisted she'd never stayed here (she had) or called us in the past (she had, many times, usually we were full already). I don't know if she really didn't remember staying here or if that was her defense mechanism.
Cancellation Amnesiac... which could be related to the Weasel Booker.

This is AWESOME! Thank you so much Bree for directing me here - not to restate what someone else said previously, but what an eye opener! It's hard to read posts wondering hmmm DH / DW (which I got was husband/wife) and then I came across the TA (which I'm guessing to be Trip Advisor?). TTFN, Erin

This is AWESOME! Thank you so much Bree for directing me here - not to restate what someone else said previously, but what an eye opener! It's hard to read posts wondering hmmm DH / DW (which I got was husband/wife) and then I came across the TA (which I'm guessing to be Trip Advisor?). TTFN, Erin.
Yes, TA = Trip Advisor
=)
Kk.

In our area we have YMCA -ers. These are guests looking for a cheap room (usually in the $50 range and generally at the last minute.) Name comes from what it would have cost to stay at the YMCA. .... like in the 1970's

If you have not been to the Innkeeping glossary and are new to the forum, here it is, with all its idiosyncracies...
I have a new term for the glossary coined by DH this morning.
"CRITICAL JUNCTURE"
Innkeeping meaning:
Critical Juncture = Don't mess with me right now I am about to pour the innkeeper's own first cup of coffee!

I have a new acronym for the Glossary:
DIRTBAG - Definately Isn't Returning To Be A Guest
This is courtesy of a dear friend and fellow innkeepr in NC. Today, I really needed this and couldn't, for the life of me, remember what the acronym stood for.

This is courtesy of a dear friend and fellow innkeepr in NC. Today, I really needed this and couldn't, for the life of me, remember what the acronym stood for..
Hah that is great. Just to be clear, is it for guests you don't expect to see again... or people you won't allow to be guests again.

This is courtesy of a dear friend and fellow innkeepr in NC. Today, I really needed this and couldn't, for the life of me, remember what the acronym stood for..
Hah that is great. Just to be clear, is it for guests you don't expect to see again... or people you won't allow to be guests again.
Hah that is great. Just to be clear, is it for guests you don't expect to see again... or people you won't allow to be guests again
That would be correct!

Hah that is great. Just to be clear, is it for guests you don't expect to see again... or people you won't allow to be guests again
That would be correct!
Definitely don't send them to Rocky Springs - my sister has had enough of them for this year - maybe Lancaster just attracts those types?

Thank you for this =)
DW means Darling wife?! Ha Well I will have to Use DH - because my husband is helping, while I run the show.
* NEW to BB business

New glossary term:
Noah's guests
When you have a full house and they come down 2 x 2 to eat.
PS I searched to find this so others can enjoy the glossary and add any terms.

New glossary term:
Noah's guests
PS I searched to find this so others can enjoy the glossary and add any terms..
I thought Gillum'd was a term - I am conceited enough to have enjoyed the term

New glossary term:
Noah's guests
PS I searched to find this so others can enjoy the glossary and add any terms..
Tire kickers: They ring the bell to get an unscheduled tour of the B&B, but obviously never intend to reserve a room. Usually staying with friends or relatives nearby for free.

I may need a little help with this glossary term.
They call, they waste your time asking all these questions and when you get the room rate they say "I will have to check with my wife and get back to you."
I suppose "cheapskate" is a good term, but it is the deflecting to the "little woman" who obv wears the pants in the family I want a term for, we all know you are lying dude, why don't you just say "oh that was more than I wanted to spend" and not deflect.
I would like a term for this, anyone?

They call, they waste your time asking all these questions and when you get the room rate they say "I will have to check with my wife and get back to you."
I suppose "cheapskate" is a good term, but it is the deflecting to the "little woman" who obv wears the pants in the family I want a term for, we all know you are lying dude, why don't you just say "oh that was more than I wanted to spend" and not deflect.
I would like a term for this, anyone?.
JBloggs said:
I would like a term for this, anyone?
"Don't Hold Your Breath!" We actually had many of them call back, explain who they are and ask if the room is still available. My favorite was the one who asked every question under the sun and ended with, "Thank you. Bye." Then I heard her say, "Dear, they don't have any availability for our dates we wanted, so I think….click." Fat old lie 101"

I would like a term for this, anyone?.
Ask-her/him (mine do not call back either)

Play Dumb....... when an Innkeeper see's something that might embarrass a guest or ?
Like a few weeks ago when he was paying the bill with his zipper full open . Play Dumb is best .

I ordered sheets from shamsclub - and I was putting them on and thought, interesting. They didn't mention THIS in the description of these super soft, high thread count, wrinkle-less than some, sheets. They had extensions of elastic material on the ends like some hack made them.
For that, for the innspiring glossary I donned them "Pregnancy sheets"

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.
Cheer up, maybe the sheets will stay on the mattresses better.

stompers - people who walk around like they're wearing workmans boots
fluffers!!!! snigger!
tounge_smile.gif

Back