Innspiring Google Chrome and iPad

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
This one is For Swirt. Whenever I click the bookmark for Innspiring.com in Chrome, I get the dreaded red screen with a warning that something is "not right" with the site, telling me to go back to the previous page or try later. When I click the bookmark a second time, the site opens normally.
The site frequently crashes Chrome whenever I attempt to send a message. I'm using my iPad, so the problem is between iOS, chrome and the site.
Any thoughts?

I always use Chrome and from a bookmark. No problems. Wonder if you should delete the bookmark and recreate. Maybe the link is making it grumpy...
Edited to add - I don't use an iPad... so maybe my comment was pretty useless... Couldn't delete it.

I have never had any issues with this site on any tablet or iphone. Is it the secure certificate warning? Check to see that your date is set correctly.

I'm trying to load a screen capture of the message, but I'm unable to access the image server on my iPad. Could be a Flash issue.

Not the same thing, but while we're on problems...whenever I use my tablet to access the site I have the worst time posting. Those are the posts from me that look something like this:
rEllY interEstingggggggggg i Shouuuuld trY that soMetimetimetimetime.
And, no, I am not actually typing like that!

Hmmm. Interesting mystery. I use chrome all the time on both windows and linux, but not on an iOS device.
If you don't get to it from a bookmark and you just type it in, does it suffer the same problem? (would indicate something perhaps not right with the bookmark as K9 suggested)
The site frequently crashes Chrome whenever I attempt to send a message.
Is this during the act of typing the message, or just when you press the "save" button? When you say "message" are you talking about a comment on a thread, or are you talking about an email form to a specific person? (We could rule out whether it is the wysiwig by having you try clicking the "switch to plain text editor" link beneath the WYSIWIG and try that several times. If the crashing goes away, then we have pretty much identified the culprit.

Not the same thing, but while we're on problems...whenever I use my tablet to access the site I have the worst time posting. Those are the posts from me that look something like this:
And, no, I am not actually typing like that!.
What kind of tablet are you using? I suggest the same test I proposed to Proud Texan. If you disable the wysiwig and the posts still come out like that, then it is some autocorrecting "feature" happening on your tablet's side.

And, no, I am not actually typing like that!.
What kind of tablet are you using? I suggest the same test I proposed to Proud Texan. If you disable the wysiwig and the posts still come out like that, then it is some autocorrecting "feature" happening on your tablet's side.
I have a Nexus 7.

Hmmm. Interesting mystery. I use chrome all the time on both windows and linux, but not on an iOS device.
If you don't get to it from a bookmark and you just type it in, does it suffer the same problem? (would indicate something perhaps not right with the bookmark as K9 suggested)
Is this during the act of typing the message, or just when you press the "save" button? When you say "message" are you talking about a comment on a thread, or are you talking about an email form to a specific person? (We could rule out whether it is the wysiwig by having you try clicking the "switch to plain text editor" link beneath the WYSIWIG and try that several times. If the crashing goes away, then we have pretty much identified the culprit..
It crashes as I'm replying to another comment before clicking save.
Makes no difference how the URL is entered, it usually takes two attempts, but not always.

Is this during the act of typing the message, or just when you press the "save" button? When you say "message" are you talking about a comment on a thread, or are you talking about an email form to a specific person? (We could rule out whether it is the wysiwig by having you try clicking the "switch to plain text editor" link beneath the WYSIWIG and try that several times. If the crashing goes away, then we have pretty much identified the culprit..
It crashes as I'm replying to another comment before clicking save.
Makes no difference how the URL is entered, it usually takes two attempts, but not always.
Ok, that indicates to me that it has to do with the wysiwig or perhaps the spellchecker that the wysiwig uses. I'll do some research to see if I can find any references to this problem elsewhere.
What happens if you disable the wysiwig by clicking "switch to plain text editor"?

I just updated the WYSWIG to a newer version. Let me know if that seems to make any difference.

I just updated the WYSWIG to a newer version. Let me know if that seems to make any difference..
I can no longer log in at all on the tablet. Chrome gives me an error 'This webpage is not available.' Firefox won't let me log in. I enter my name, pw & math answer and it just returns the page without logging me in.
Altho, oddly, I do see myself logged in 3 times on this particular page (my laptop) on Firefox.

I just updated the WYSWIG to a newer version. Let me know if that seems to make any difference..
I can no longer log in at all on the tablet. Chrome gives me an error 'This webpage is not available.' Firefox won't let me log in. I enter my name, pw & math answer and it just returns the page without logging me in.
Altho, oddly, I do see myself logged in 3 times on this particular page (my laptop) on Firefox.
I am not having any issues using my galaxy tablet browser

Hmmm me changing the WYSIWIG version should have had no impact on whether you could login or not. Those should be entirely unrelated.

Hmmm me changing the WYSIWIG version should have had no impact on whether you could login or not. Those should be entirely unrelated.
Not sure what was going on. It was obvious I WAS logging in as my name showed up 3 times in the online user list but I could not post or see what threads I hadn't read.
I cleared the cache on the Chrome browser and it worked fine last night.
I did try to post w/o switching to plain text but I had the same problems as usual. Capitals in the middle of words, repetition of letter sequences. But, it's ok with plain text, that works for me.

Ok so, its not doing it with the plain text, so that implies it is the WYSIWIG.... now we have to rule out whether it is the wysiwig or actually the spell checker add-on to the wysiwig.
In the name of getting this sorted out, I am going to turn of the spell checker for a couple of days. Let me know if either the crashing or the caMel-cAsiNg goes away.

Ok so, its not doing it with the plain text, so that implies it is the WYSIWIG.... now we have to rule out whether it is the wysiwig or actually the spell checker add-on to the wysiwig.
In the name of getting this sorted out, I am going to turn of the spell checker for a couple of days. Let me know if either the crashing or the caMel-cAsiNg goes away..
Worked just fine without the spell checker. No problems. Didn't need to use plain text.

Back