Innspiring thought about writing/blogging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
“What no [spouse] of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working when he’s staring out of the window.” – Burton Rascoe
See more here
Do you think that blogging is overwhelming because you are trying too hard to find things to write about? This morning I read a comment by Highlands John that really moved me. He in one sentence described some of the sounds he hears from his place. He would only hear these sounds if he was quiet. Some of our best experiences are away from the screaming theme parks, festivals with loud music and into the woods...
Keep a small notepad and when you see something that moves you, write it down for later, to blog.

Joey Bloggs said:
“What no [spouse] of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working when he’s staring out of the window.” – Burton Rascoe
Amen to this.

If your ears were burning Mads, there was a reason. I was speaking to our guests as they asked the standard drill "How long have you been doing this...do you still enjoy it...blah blah" and I mentioned the variety of guests being the spice for this innkeeper.
I told them about blogging, and mentioned some of my innmates who blog, such as one who blogged about horses on a rocky beach with lighthouses in the distance...etc. Some of the year-round blogging we get to do that makes the job even more enjoyable and gets us outside!
Grab a camera and head out for the day... I have to get taxes done, and may force myself outa this place to enjoy being outside today. :)

Joey Bloggs said:
Keep a small notepad and when you see something that moves you, write it down for later, to blog.
I jot notes all day long, in my smartphone. Almost everybody has an electronic notepad on them these days, and most of them include voice recording/transcription so you don't even have to type!

If your ears were burning Mads, there was a reason. I was speaking to our guests as they asked the standard drill "How long have you been doing this...do you still enjoy it...blah blah" and I mentioned the variety of guests being the spice for this innkeeper.
I told them about blogging, and mentioned some of my innmates who blog, such as one who blogged about horses on a rocky beach with lighthouses in the distance...etc. Some of the year-round blogging we get to do that makes the job even more enjoyable and gets us outside!
Grab a camera and head out for the day... I have to get taxes done, and may force myself outa this place to enjoy being outside today. :).
Joey Bloggs said:
Grab a camera and head out for the day... I have to get taxes done, and may force myself outa this place to enjoy being outside today. :)
I am FOUR roadtrips behind in blogging. Even my mother is asking where are the pix & stories!

Back