Input Welcome

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A HUGE shout out to Empty Nest for all her help and guidance, patiently explaining why things should be a different way than what makes sense to me :) Thank you so much for your help!!!.
Empty Nest designed my website when I had the biz. I got GREAT compliments on the site and she was absolutely wonderful to me. I sooooooooooo appreciated her!
Ah shucks folks, you are embarrassing me
wink_smile.gif
Just doing what I love to do.

Wow! After just a week it looks better! I love what you've done with the photos. Congrats to all who are helping you out. The one other thing, now that you have the reservation link in a visible part of your web page, perhaps you could make more of a color difference

This is my first time looking at it and the Reservations/Avail button is the same color blue as the background with black lettering that is shadowed in gray. I can barely read it at all. Does it look like that on anyone else's computer?

This is my first time looking at it and the Reservations/Avail button is the same color blue as the background with black lettering that is shadowed in gray. I can barely read it at all. Does it look like that on anyone else's computer?.
Hi Penelope ~ Can you tell me what page you are seeing it in black lettering? I'm seeing them all in green with white lettering?

Wow! After just a week it looks better! I love what you've done with the photos. Congrats to all who are helping you out. The one other thing, now that you have the reservation link in a visible part of your web page, perhaps you could make more of a color difference.
Thanks Innkeep! The pictures were lightened up by EmptyNest and suggested to do so by several :) The Reservations button will have to remain the color it is until I figure out more about HTML code. Thanks for your input!

This is my first time looking at it and the Reservations/Avail button is the same color blue as the background with black lettering that is shadowed in gray. I can barely read it at all. Does it look like that on anyone else's computer?.
Hi Penelope ~ Can you tell me what page you are seeing it in black lettering? I'm seeing them all in green with white lettering?
BananaE29 said:
I use FF and it's all the pages.

BananaE29 said:
I don't see the reservation button with white lettering, either. The button is teal and the lettering is darker teal. That's on IE and on FF.

BananaE29 said:
For me on FF, every Reservations/Availability button is green (or teal) with white lettering. If you mouse over it, the text turns yellow. I have no pages with black lettering inside that box. that's very strange.

BananaE29 said:
For me on FF, every Reservations/Availability button is green (or teal) with white lettering. If you mouse over it, the text turns yellow. I have no pages with black lettering inside that box. that's very strange.
I just looked with FF and the text is dark color. I have no clue on a way to change it with this set template. The text is white in other browsers. Mouseover color used to be a dark burgundy...now it is golden yellow. No way to make the button darker because of the theme and limited access to graphics to change.

BananaE29 said:
BananaE29 said:
Yes, mouseover is yellow.

BananaE29 said:
I just looked with FF and the text is dark color. I have no clue on a way to change it with this set template. The text is white in other browsers. Mouseover color used to be a dark burgundy...now it is golden yellow. No way to make the button darker because of the theme and limited access to graphics to change.
I don't get why the same browser is seeing different colors. I'm done messing with it. I think it's obvious what it is and it's legible to me. I did move every page reservation button to the same location, put it all in caps, and made the button a bit bigger. Good enough. I'm sick of looking at it :)

BananaE29 said:
I don't get why the same browser is seeing different colors. I'm done messing with it. I think it's obvious what it is and it's legible to me. I did move every page reservation button to the same location, put it all in caps, and made the button a bit bigger. Good enough. I'm sick of looking at it :)
Boy, do I know that feeling!

I removed my website link - I think I remember from last time I was active on here that it was kindof a "no-no"? I'd love to nose around everyone's sites in those rare times I get a few minutes to do nothing. Is there a way to send a private message on this board, so y'all could send me a link?

I removed my website link - I think I remember from last time I was active on here that it was kindof a "no-no"? I'd love to nose around everyone's sites in those rare times I get a few minutes to do nothing. Is there a way to send a private message on this board, so y'all could send me a link?.
Just click on the featured inn image in the upper right corner and you can see many of the member's sites. Just hit reload to bring up a new one if you've seen one before. Some have GREAT sites and others, well let's say we can all use some improvements sometime.

I removed my website link - I think I remember from last time I was active on here that it was kindof a "no-no"? I'd love to nose around everyone's sites in those rare times I get a few minutes to do nothing. Is there a way to send a private message on this board, so y'all could send me a link?.
Just click on the featured inn image in the upper right corner and you can see many of the member's sites. Just hit reload to bring up a new one if you've seen one before. Some have GREAT sites and others, well let's say we can all use some improvements sometime.
Very cool! Thanks :)

WOW, just went out an looked at it again. Love the new header and the photos look so much better (kudos to EmptyNest).
Looked at the Rez button and using FF it is teal with white letters, hovering over text turns yellow. I checked on IE and it is Teal on Teal.
I do understand how frustrating it can be, walk away for a few days and then try again. This is your call to action and needs to stand out!!!

Back