Quantcast

Insecure

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Julieamberjosh

Reaction score
I ran a bb for 3 season actually has 2 seperate bb same owners.. both sold. I was the innkeeper at one property but person who bought my inn doesn’t really need an innkeeper they live there and are very capable. I am kinda lost now I have been an innkeeper for 3 seasons, I am educated and can do anything but really enjoyed being an innkeeper not sure where I go now. What do I do

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
With three seasons under your belt, why not try finding another innkeeping job? Most state innkeeping sites have a jobs section.

Julieamberjosh

Reaction score
I don’t even know how to start my friend. I reached out to all the b&b s on the Eastern shore where I would love to stay. But if I can’t I would like to go out to West Coast somewhere close to Arcata CA where my daughter and grand baby are. Can you tell me how to find inn keeping positions?

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don’t even know how to start my friend. I reached out to all the b&b s on the Eastern shore where I would love to stay. But if I can’t I would like to go out to West Coast somewhere close to Arcata CA where my daughter and grand baby are. Can you tell me how to find inn keeping positions?
Check the state websites for innkeeping. I think all states have an innkeeping group. Those sites have a classified section listing jobs. Ex: CABBI is the group in California.

I also see jobs listed on Facebook. Look for innkeeping groups like American hospitality group.

FHI2426

Reaction score
another idea is innsitter though that is of course not as steady. there are some consortiums where many innsitters post their listing.. they would also know of FT positions..

Julieamberjosh

Reaction score
Thank you.
Check the state websites for innkeeping. I think all states have an innkeeping group. Those sites have a classified section listing jobs. Ex: CABBI is the group in California.

I also see jobs listed on Facebook. Look for innkeeping groups like American hospitality group.
Thanks.
another idea is innsitter though that is of course not as steady. there are some consortiums where many innsitters post their listing.. they would also know of FT positions..
thank you so much. Have a great day 😀

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a few suggestions for you

Bbteam.com has ads for innkeepers and manager positions, and you can also post that you’re looking for a position

If you just google innkeeper jobs, some come up

Build up your resume so you’re ready to apply ... saying what you can do and have done ... it’s not enough to say you’ve been an innkeeper for three seasons. You want to say you can handle reservations, guest relations, that you provide excellent customer service ... if you’ve done marketing, publicity, run specials, managed staff, grounds keeping, cooked and served breakfast, flipped rooms, updated the website, what reservation software you’ve used. Mention all of that and more. Maybe you already have a great resume. If it’s a good position, there will be competition for it.

wagnersbb

Reaction score
I ran a bb for 3 season actually has 2 seperate bb same owners.. both sold. I was the innkeeper at one property but person who bought my inn doesn’t really need an innkeeper they live there and are very capable. I am kinda lost now I have been an innkeeper for 3 seasons, I am educated and can do anything but really enjoyed being an innkeeper not sure where I go now. What do I do
Can I ask how many rooms in each b & b and did you manage and run it solo?

Julieamberjosh

Reaction score
Can I ask how many rooms in each b & b and did you manage and run it solo?
There was 7 in the little house that was the one I ran with my boyfriend when both houses booked and the owner and her husband would cover big house with 9 rooms, with a housekeeper and grounds person. my boyfriend served breakfast and I cooked did all prep, and teas. He took care of maintenance and we both did housekeeping and grounds keeping. I took the reservations and special requests, we both took care of the guest. When we had less then 12 rooms between both houses I would bring my guest to big house for breakfast and I would stay over there at let him take care of little house while I took care of bigger house. Wedding were always done at big house and if it were under 30 people me and bf could handle over 30 it was us and the owners all hands on deck.