Inspector Clouseau

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just wondering if you do any kind of 'inspection' when you make beds for guests staying over? Do you basically strip the bed back or just pull the covers up and tuck here and there? I ask because we had guests here for 4 days and when they left and I stripped the bed, there were some big stains on the sheets & mattress pad. Now, that could have been from the last night, but I wondered about it.
The bed was mostly made everyday so I just pulled and tucked and never saw anything.
I don't usually pull the whole bed apart everyday to remake it. I take the coverlet off and then straighten everything. I do a cursory look-see for anything horribly obvious, but I wouldn't have seen this anyway unless I had stripped the top sheet back all the way.
I'm feeling like I'm slipping here because I'm getting tired.

If the guests have "sort of made their own bed"..then I never touch it...especially if they have left things on the bed...or in it...like nighties..underwear etc.... I am not touching anything left somewhere under the covers!
If I had guests for 4 nights. I changed the sheets after the second night. Hope those were waterproof mattress covers.

If the guests have "sort of made their own bed"..then I never touch it...especially if they have left things on the bed...or in it...like nighties..underwear etc.... I am not touching anything left somewhere under the covers!
If I had guests for 4 nights. I changed the sheets after the second night. Hope those were waterproof mattress covers..
catlady said:
If I had guests for 4 nights. I changed the sheets after the second night. Hope those were waterproof mattress covers.
When I started out I had grand plans for changing linens. I was going to change the linens on both beds in every room on checkout even if one bed didn't look like it had been touched. I was also going to change out linens every 2 days on stayovers. Not any longer. 11 beds in some combo of 'every other day' would kill me. The laundry alone would sink me into despair.
Now I am willing to stretch the sheet changing on a stayover to the full 7 nights if that's how long they stay. I will change out pillowcases, tho.
Yeah, I'm tired. I'd do so much more if I had help. But the drudgery gets to me!

it varies.
i mostly remake the top covers on the bed because they are all over the place. pull off the comforter, redo top sheet and blankets. mostly, not always ... like you ...
but if they have actually made the bed, even if not in my style, i leave it alone.

If I had guests for 4 nights. I changed the sheets after the second night. Hope those were waterproof mattress covers..
catlady said:
When I started out I had grand plans for changing linens. I was going to change the linens on both beds in every room on checkout even if one bed didn't look like it had been touched. I was also going to change out linens every 2 days on stayovers. Not any longer. 11 beds in some combo of 'every other day' would kill me. The laundry alone would sink me into despair.
Now I am willing to stretch the sheet changing on a stayover to the full 7 nights if that's how long they stay. I will change out pillowcases, tho.
Yeah, I'm tired. I'd do so much more if I had help. But the drudgery gets to me!
On stays longer than 2 nights, on the third morning I say I will be changing your sheets this morning (unless it is just 4 nights then fergitit) and only twice have they said OK. Usually the answer is don't bother, we are fine. (Yeehaa!!) I encourage a thrid night by offering a $50 rate for the third night - no extra laundry and no much more in food. And I get extra revenue.

Bree, I am much like you. If the bed only needs a touch up to be made, I will be darned if I am going to pull everything back and start from scratch. If the stains had been there and they wanted you to see them, they would not have made the bed. - Makes me think twice about this though because new stains are easier to remove.
Regarding linen changing, I use to be everyother day regardless of the length of stay. Now if a guest is staying 3 nights I leave it alone, if 4 or longer I will tell them I will be changing linens everyother day - but most tell me don't bother. Longer stays of a week or more, (which I give a discount) I change linens every 4 days but most say once a week is fine. Towels are replaced if on the floor, remain for additional use if hanging, but I will always replace washcloths. If the towel is too wet to dry before early afternoon, I will replace it even if it is hanging.

Bree, I am much like you. If the bed only needs a touch up to be made, I will be darned if I am going to pull everything back and start from scratch. If the stains had been there and they wanted you to see them, they would not have made the bed. - Makes me think twice about this though because new stains are easier to remove.
Regarding linen changing, I use to be everyother day regardless of the length of stay. Now if a guest is staying 3 nights I leave it alone, if 4 or longer I will tell them I will be changing linens everyother day - but most tell me don't bother. Longer stays of a week or more, (which I give a discount) I change linens every 4 days but most say once a week is fine. Towels are replaced if on the floor, remain for additional use if hanging, but I will always replace washcloths. If the towel is too wet to dry before early afternoon, I will replace it even if it is hanging..
Copperhead said:
Do you really think that's true? That they would leave the bed 'exposed'? I don't think that, given what I've found in the past (including the bedwetter and a couple who tried to wash the mattress pad and then pulled the covers up soaking ALL the bedding).

If guests are staying for three nights or more, we change the linens on the third night.
We have door knob signs -- "please clean" and "no cleaning necessary". Most place the "no cleaning necessary" sign on the knob.
For those who want a cleaning, it's just making the bed, emptying the trash cans, taking out used towels. All rooms have a big supply of towels, so we are not bothered with changing towels.

If they have pretty much re-made the bed, I will fold down the top, tighten it up, and check the pillowcases for stains. I will replace the pillowcases if needed. Sometimes, I'll put one of the smaller decorative pillows back on the bed to add a little something.
I always tell them that I change the linens after the 2nd night of a 3 night stay. If they decline, that's fine. I manage to work it into the conversation when we're chit chatting.
I can't imagine staying somewhere and not having our linens changed.

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.
Arten von besonderen Anlass Kleid brauchen Sie?
Mutter mit den Bräuten Kleider Fordern Sie ein neues E-Mail-Adresse, brautjungfernkleider ballkleider lang brautmode abendmode brautmode abendmode um Sie zur Mutter der Braut zu ermöglichen, werden dressessign als ihre besondere Abonnenten awedding Kleider salend finden, was sie ha
(UpVery.com) 19 August 2011 - Während der Vorbereitung auf ein großes Ereignis brautkleider shop online brautkleider shop online, du wirst in der Lage sein in der Regel finden irgendeine Art von Ahnung über die Kleiderordnung über die Einladung. Deutliche Dresscodes zeigen einzigartige Variationen von Kleidern. Genau zu wissen, was eine Kleiderordnung bedeutet, wird Ihnen helfen, die beste Wahl in Bezug auf die Wahl einer besonderen Veranstaltung Blaue Kleider.
Eine "black tie" ist eine Schokolade Kleider-Code in der Regel beiseite formelle Veranstaltungen, weil die Reichen und Berühmten gesetzt. Diese Männer tragen Smoking zusammen mit den Frauen lange Gewänder tragen. Es gibt auch eine formelle Kleiderordnung. Irgendeine Art von formellen Dresscode ist entspannter als eine schwarze Krawatte. Gold Kleider für Frauen sind akzeptabel für eine formelle Kleiderordnung während, ist ein Cocktail-Kleid nicht in einer dunklen Krawatte Veranstaltung akzeptabel.
Jede "white tie" ist mehr formal als die üblichen "black tie". In diesem Fall sind Männer brauchten, um ihre Smokings mit ihren vollen Ornat tragen, während Frauen lange grüne Kleider tragen sollte. Beverage Kleider und kürzere Kleider sind sicherlich nicht akzeptabel, in einem "white tie"-Ereignis zu tragen.
Es gibt auch eine schwarze Krawatte optional Kleiderordnung. Unten können Männer das Tragen eines vollen Smoking sowie nicht wählen. Oder sie können wollen ein Dark Match mit Krawatte zu tragen. Frauen können sicherlich tragen lange eine Linie Brautkleider. Sie sind fähig, langes ballkleid auch tragen kürzere Kleider zum Beispiel ein Cocktail-Kleid.
Eine kreative schwarze Krawatte Dresscode ist einfach nicht in der Regel gefordert. Wenn es kostüm damenmode , ist es meist für jede Thema-Partei. Der Schlüssel ist hier zu trendigen Überstellung von Ihrer schwarzen Farbe Krawatte Mantel Brautkleider Code, ohne als ein Kostüm erscheinen zu verwenden.
In der Schule tanzt neben Essen braut u abendmode braut u abendmode, ist ein neues semi-formale Dresscode in der Regel gefordert. Frauen tragen kann Cocktailkleider, kurze brautkleid während die Männer Platz tragen können. Eine spezifischere Art eines semi-formale Dresscode ist in der Regel ein Unternehmen formal. Hier sollten Frauen tragen maßgeschneiderte Anzüge oder möglicherweise eine Prinzessin Brautkleider.
Für irgendeine Art von Getränk Partei abendkleid 50 abendkleid 50 brautmoden brautkleider , ist das Kleid der Regel das gleiche wie eine semi-formale. Ausgewachsene Männchen in dunklen Anzügen mit Frauen in Cocktail-Kleidern sind bevorzugte kleidet. Die Zeit der Hochzeit auch Einfluss auf die Größe eines Kleides. Weitere formale und mehr Zeit Reich Brautkleider für Abendveranstaltungen während frühere Parteien werden casual neigen.
eine Schulter Brautkleider für uns ist ein großartiger Ort, um für prom Kleider entlang Suche mit anderen Kleidung für formelle zusätzlich zu lässig Gelegenheiten. Viele Stile und Farben zur Auswahl.
# # #
B2C Unternehmen LTD
# # #
Vorherige News: Wo ich Ireland vs France Spiel sehen können
Nächste News: Natürliche Heilmittel Für große Blut-Stamm
brautmode online shop

Back