Insurance

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedragonflyinn

Reaction score
Good morning! Specifically for those innkeepers who live on-site, how do you insure your B&B (commercial or personal) and which company do you use?

You must get commercial B and B insurance. No personal insurance company will cover you. Google for B & B Insurance. I am retired so I don't know what is happening these days. Erie used to do it. We had Farm Bureau but there stipulation was no alcohol was to be provided guests.
See this is one of the big issues with Air...folks just think they can do it with their home owners insurance. Sorry if you get sued, it will not cover you :-(

It depends on how you are Incorporated. Sole proprietor? LLC?
We have commercial insurance on the building and the contents of the inn part of the house. We have renter's insurance on our personal property.
You need commercial insurance and riders and all kinds of additional coverage if you drive your car for the business.
We deal with Maine mutual. I understand they do cover outside Maine. Not sure what other states they are licensed in.

Farmers' Insurance carries B&B, call a local agent.

Get bids every year. We just put ours up for bid and saved over $3k.

Wolf Innkeeper's Insurance. Expensive but they do a good job and will insure both private and business, cars, boats, etc you name it except diving board on pool.
sad_smile.gif

actually there are many companies those are saying that they will provide best rates and other things.. but in order to check them you have to have the knowledge so that you can ask them questions and understand which company is providing good rates etc. I learn alot of things about insurance on this Insurance blog Insurance Column just read the articles on this blog to understand the insurance well.

Seeing a broker is a good idea. What is available and prices vary a lot depending on your location. We have a farm bureau allied policy, but because of other threads I've read, I suspect it is no longer available to new customers. :(

Our global insurance medical coverage arrangements cover treatment for new restorative conditions that emerge after you join. Our plans can cover you wherever you are in the world. insurefloridians

Back