Interesting comment on why biz guest likes it here.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Biz guest has stayed kind of regularly now this year and when I pointed out the lower off season rate he said, 'You know I like that about your place. You don't screw us over in the summer with through the roof rates. You're good to us in season so we want to be good to you off season. That's the way business is done.'

Good job Bree!
thumbs_up.gif

Way to go Bree!
The vast majority of guests are a true pleasure to host. Thanks for passing on the comments. Love those warm and fuzzies!
-KathleenM

thumbs_up.gif
It's nice to be appreciated, I'm giving the thumbs up to your guest!

Treat people right and it comes back.
You guys know how I am always ready to give the "commercial". As I was heading to the elevator tonight, I overheard what appeared to be a drug company rep talking to some nurses about coming back later tonight. We rode down on the elevator together and I remarked about it being a bummer to still be working at 8 PM. He said he had to vome back several times tonight because they are using some new equipment and he is training the staff and he will not be done until after 1 AM. I said I hope he lived nearby. No, actually WV (and I cannot remember where) is his territory and he is staying at the H I for several days. I whipped out my card pointing out how close I am the the other 3 hospitals in the area and gave him the card with amenities side saying this was the important part and contact info was on the other side. I may have made a future sale!! YES!!!

bree, that is great. have you offered him a discount or incentive (not sure what) if he refers other business guests that end up staying with you? just trying to think of how you can expand that elusive business guest market.

bree, that is great. have you offered him a discount or incentive (not sure what) if he refers other business guests that end up staying with you? just trying to think of how you can expand that elusive business guest market..
I think he's 'it' for the rep for this area. However, HE is getting a discounted rate, even now.

Nothing better than a repeat business guest that appreaciates what you do. We get a lot of business travelers and most come back time and time again. Once they have experienced a B&B they are more likely to look for one when they travel - both for work and pleasure.
Those that travel all the time love the fact that when they wake up it is not to the same 4 walls as the place before as our rooms have individuality.
I currently have 2 business ladys that have been here week after week since July. One stays for 10 days then goes home for 3 then returns, the other comes in for 4 days (sometimes longer) then goes home for 3... I have arranged it so they can keep a wardrobe here and not need to lug most of their closes back and forth - except for the change in seasons. Their contract was just extended through January.... SWEET. Oh, and to answer your question - YES they are getting a good rate...

Nothing better than a repeat business guest that appreaciates what you do. We get a lot of business travelers and most come back time and time again. Once they have experienced a B&B they are more likely to look for one when they travel - both for work and pleasure.
Those that travel all the time love the fact that when they wake up it is not to the same 4 walls as the place before as our rooms have individuality.
I currently have 2 business ladys that have been here week after week since July. One stays for 10 days then goes home for 3 then returns, the other comes in for 4 days (sometimes longer) then goes home for 3... I have arranged it so they can keep a wardrobe here and not need to lug most of their closes back and forth - except for the change in seasons. Their contract was just extended through January.... SWEET. Oh, and to answer your question - YES they are getting a good rate....
That is great for you and great that you treat them so specially!!!! I would love the fact that I could travel lightly because my stuff is there already...how wonderful of you to provide for that:) Good rate even better...as it is why they keep coming back. As long as it makes you happy then everything is A-OK!

So cool ..... and interesting you brought this up. Six of our room nights this week are corporate guests. Definitely not the norm but very welcome. One of my "regular / normal" guests made a comment this morning ..... "It must be interesting submitting a receipt from 'The Tipsy Butler' on your expense report".

I currently have 2 business ladys that have been here week after week since July. One stays for 10 days then goes home for 3 then returns, the other comes in for 4 days (sometimes longer) then goes home for 3... I have arranged it so they can keep a wardrobe here and not need to lug most of their closes back and forth - except for the change in seasons. Their contract was just extended through January.... SWEET. Oh, and to answer your question - YES they are getting a good rate....
That is great for you and great that you treat them so specially!!!! I would love the fact that I could travel lightly because my stuff is there already...how wonderful of you to provide for that:) Good rate even better...as it is why they keep coming back. As long as it makes you happy then everything is A-OK!
Thanks... yes I am lucky to have a storage area for their hanging clothes (I do know how to spell it- LOL) in case I have either or both room(s) rented when neither are here. Oh, and the boss (one of the ladies) is a repeat from '06 when she stayed (weekdays) for about 6 months.... She told me that when she was contacted by the company for another contract and was asked when she could start, she replied that she needed to contact the B&B before she could answer....
teeth_smile.gif

My husband was at a local resturant having dinner this week and talking to a man at the bar. The man said he was in town for business and staying at a local hotel. My husband ask him why he was staying there instead of with us - we are less expensive and much nicer. The gentleman replied that he wife would kill him if he stayed at a wonderful B&B without her and that he stays at hotels to make her feel better when she was not with him. How do you reply to that?
confused_smile.gif

My husband was at a local resturant having dinner this week and talking to a man at the bar. The man said he was in town for business and staying at a local hotel. My husband ask him why he was staying there instead of with us - we are less expensive and much nicer. The gentleman replied that he wife would kill him if he stayed at a wonderful B&B without her and that he stays at hotels to make her feel better when she was not with him. How do you reply to that?
confused_smile.gif
I'd tell him that he may have found the perfect recipe for work and home success, then. Book a B&B and she might be inclined to come along. And if she didn't, at least she'd know he was being well taken care of while away from home.

confused_smile.gif
"Solve that problem AND make points by bringing your wife next time"!

confused_smile.gif
"Solve that problem AND make points by bringing your wife next time"!
But does the biz rate apply if wifey comes too? THAT is the question....

Back