Interesting guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
It was a thrill for Memorial Day to have this General here this weekend and this morning. I have already told a couple people but wanted to share as you may recall this most amazing moment in history (live on TV or the photo later published around the world).
Here is the WIKI link with incredible bio and I will embed an image as well.
It still brings a lump to my throat. My daughter took a photo of he and his wife at our pond. (Why here? Looking for a place to retire.) If we can't enjoy the people in this business, what else is there? I get the biggest kick out of our guests, variety is the spice of an innkeepers life I say! :)
General_Jackman_and_Nancy_Reagan_June_11_2004.JPEG

You do get the interesting guests. I hope they went to the D-Day Memorial. It is such a wonderful place of tribute.

You are right-the interesting guests is what makes this profession so much fun and wonderful.

Memorial Day is a very special day for us. Our "family" in the US is a military one - and the bond that joins ex and current military is incredible. I had the honor of being invited to an event honoring General Petraeus fairly recently and his speech, which was incredible, still makes me well up.

Back