Interesting Men verses Women

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Reaction score
Just reading my notes on people related to food. Girls here with boyfriend try to impress boy by eating little. Guys try to show they support girl friend.
Then there is the husband and wife, wife eat small portions and husband needs larger... But if wife can't finish he ends up eating wife's.
Lesson learned give wife smaller give husband Normal.
Our place is a one on one service.
Have you found any differance between couples?

If people are trying to impress each other by being someone they're not we're not going to see them again as a couple!
DH always says to me to give the larger portion to the man. He obviously has never seen my daughter eat. My take on it is the portions should be the same size and the guests themselves should sort out who wants to eat how much.

That is why I serve family style - someone like this oink can chow down (if it is something they like) and the teeny or picky can nibble and no one has to worry about insulting the innkeeper.

We ate family style at a B&B a few months ago and it was great. Take what you want. A nice variety of things, even pancakes. The center of the table was a huge Lazy Susan and it was fun for the group to work together to "pass the eggs". It kind of helped break the ice with the strangers at the table with us.
I guess there was a little left over each morning, but probably no more waste than serving a full plate to women trying to impress men by not eating much. (NOTE TO WOMEN: THAT DOES NOT IMPRESS MEN. WE'RE ONLY INTERESTED IN OUR OWN PLATE!)

We ate family style at a B&B a few months ago and it was great. Take what you want. A nice variety of things, even pancakes. The center of the table was a huge Lazy Susan and it was fun for the group to work together to "pass the eggs". It kind of helped break the ice with the strangers at the table with us.
I guess there was a little left over each morning, but probably no more waste than serving a full plate to women trying to impress men by not eating much. (NOTE TO WOMEN: THAT DOES NOT IMPRESS MEN. WE'RE ONLY INTERESTED IN OUR OWN PLATE!).
Hmmm. I've always heard that guys associate the way women eat and how much they eat with the way they're going to behave in bed. Picky eater? Time to start looking elsewhere. Enjoys a lot of different menu items and is a happy eater? Check please! NOW!

I guess there was a little left over each morning, but probably no more waste than serving a full plate to women trying to impress men by not eating much. (NOTE TO WOMEN: THAT DOES NOT IMPRESS MEN. WE'RE ONLY INTERESTED IN OUR OWN PLATE!).
well not all men are interested in their Own Plate. I heard men say I know if my girl eats small MY bill will be cheaper. They like small eaters. It is easy on their pocket book. Hahahah

Hmmm. I've always heard that guys associate the way women eat and how much they eat with the way they're going to behave in bed. Picky eater? Time to start looking elsewhere. Enjoys a lot of different menu items and is a happy eater? Check please! NOW!
LOL!!! Sort of like that food scene in the old Tom Jones movie?
tounge_smile.gif

Arkansawyer said:
I guess there was a little left over each morning, but probably no more waste than serving a full plate to women trying to impress men by not eating much.
We do family style (for most, but not all dishes, and for all meat) and I'm always worried if there's not at least a little left over. For one thing, that's MY breakfast! But also, I like people to feel like they can have as much or little as they like, without having to count the sausages.
=)
Kk.

tounge_smile.gif

Silverspoon said:
tounge_smile.gif
Sort of like...

well not all men are interested in their Own Plate. I heard men say I know if my girl eats small MY bill will be cheaper. They like small eaters. It is easy on their pocket book. Hahahah
Flower said:
OK, this is a case where the woman should be looking elsewhere. A guy who would go cheap on food is not worth the time. He'll be cheap on everything. Then again, I did a lot of paying for my own half of dates so there were no 'expectations' of 'payback' later on.

I will throw a spanner into the mix here, I know there are plenty who find family style (with strangers) intimidating and won't ask or take as much as they like, but will hold back.
In other news I went to a big pig on a spit BBQ event and had to stand in a long line like a beggar to get a plate of food, which is not my cup of tea, in the least. I would rather not eat than do that.

gosh ... i noticed the women and girls ... especially thin or athletic ones ... piling their plate with everything and eating it all.
this does not apply to the princess guests who picked at everything because it wasn't exactly what they wanted or the way they wanted it. haha ... i used to wish i had some cardboard crowns for those chicks.
BUT .... if they are at a b&b and have, i assume, stayed together overnight, it's a bit late for putting on a 'i have a teeny tiny appetite and tummy' show, don't you think?
wink_smile.gif

gosh ... i noticed the women and girls ... especially thin or athletic ones ... piling their plate with everything and eating it all.
this does not apply to the princess guests who picked at everything because it wasn't exactly what they wanted or the way they wanted it. haha ... i used to wish i had some cardboard crowns for those chicks.
BUT .... if they are at a b&b and have, i assume, stayed together overnight, it's a bit late for putting on a 'i have a teeny tiny appetite and tummy' show, don't you think?
wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
Like a recent guest who told me right up front she is picky. I don't want... on and on went the list. But, I saw this on your website and I'd like that... big long list. No, sorry honey, you're not telling me what to make. Not for 'picky'. If you have restrictions, that's different.

wink_smile.gif
seashanty said:
wink_smile.gif
Like a recent guest who told me right up front she is picky. I don't want... on and on went the list. But, I saw this on your website and I'd like that... big long list. No, sorry honey, you're not telling me what to make. Not for 'picky'. If you have restrictions, that's different.
My trouble is I am one of those picky people! ie just fruit salad or just scrambed eggs would be perfect!

Back