Interesting policies

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Looking for the vacation and came across this policy, which I thought was interesting. I actually like much of the style of this inn's policy list as it is short and sweet. I should learn to be so concise! I did not notice a Babel Fish link so was curious as to what might have prompted this policy! They also prefer to not take cc's but will.
All the policies and text on our website were written in English as the prevailing and only language. The translations from Babel Fish may not be exact and should not represent any conflict or commitment from the original text. We are not responsible for differences, misinterpretation or confusion as a result of any translated text.

Question re policies:
If someone cancels within a half hour of check in is that a no show?
Case in point - two night booking. The call comes 30 minutes from check in on the day left on the answering machine. Do you charge them both days like the NO SHOW policy states or one night deposit?

Question re policies:
Case in point - two night booking. The call comes 30 minutes from check in on the day left on the answering machine. Do you charge them both days like the NO SHOW policy states or one night deposit?.
My policy states a full reservation charge will be posted. They may have a package that includes a packed lunch and a dinner. I have purchased the food for that and may have turned away another reservation prior to the cancel or no show because of that reservation. And if it was a reservation with horses, my policy states full reservation charge, including stable fees.

Question re policies:
Case in point - two night booking. The call comes 30 minutes from check in on the day left on the answering machine. Do you charge them both days like the NO SHOW policy states or one night deposit?.
My policy says a no-show or cancellation within 24 hours of arrival gets the full charge.

Probably they used to have a babelfish box but removed it and forgot to update their text.

Question re policies:
Technically in "hotel speak" a no show is someone that does not call or contact you otherwise to cancel.
If someone calls at any point prior to midnight on the day of arrival it is a cancel*. That is how a credit card company would look at charges based on a disputed charge if you use the words "no show"
Unless your website states something like "reservations not canceled by x time on day of arrival......" or "rservations not canceled x days prior to arrival will be charged Y......" or something similar.
I also know that there are different rules for charging hotel and sales tax as to whether it is a no show or a cancel. (ie in some states if the room was not technically occupied you cannot charge occupancy (hotel) tax.
Hope this helps.

These discussions are valuable. They make us all look at our own policies and identify any deficiencies. They also make us think about how we might handle the many weird things John Q. Public throws at us.

Back