Interesting Travel Destinations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
You may have seen this article, but I thought this was a really interesting write up of an eclectic bunch of destinations world-wide. My son actually worked on an architecture revitalization project as part of his undergrad study abroad near the area of Panama City (Casco Viejo) mentioned in the article.
Several of these places are on my bucket list...Oakland, CA was a surprise!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

http://travel.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/travel/45-places-to-go-in-2012.html?pagewanted=all

Wow, I have actually been to a few of those places and since my son is moving to Finland in less than 2 years, I may even get to Helsinki.

Wow, I have actually been to a few of those places and since my son is moving to Finland in less than 2 years, I may even get to Helsinki..
I've been really lucky to have traveled to 9 of them myself. I can't count Morocco since I was in utero and it's not the same city though. LOL! I still have quite a few on my list to see though......

Wow, I have actually been to a few of those places and since my son is moving to Finland in less than 2 years, I may even get to Helsinki..
I've been really lucky to have traveled to 9 of them myself. I can't count Morocco since I was in utero and it's not the same city though. LOL! I still have quite a few on my list to see though......
I have been to 7 of those destinations and those are all I would do. None of the others even appeal to me.

gillumhouse said:
Wow, I have actually been to a few of those places and since my son is moving to Finland in less than 2 years, I may even get to Helsinki.
Pleased to see Helsinki listed, we went there a few years ago and loved it.
But.......... Birmingham........??? Really ? I think the best way to see Birmingham is in your rear-view mirror.

200px-Dalah%C3%A4st_i_avesta.jpg
Let's see.... I think I qualify on 8 of the places, of which I would think the most unusual on the list is Dalarna, Sweden...Dalahäst.
I have my own list of odd places that I have been to and this year I get to cross one more off my list.... we have a stop in Cape Verde.
And frankly, what Uganda is doing on the list, I don't know...

Paraty Brazil? I have been and it is a weekend at best. Hardly a top 45 world destination.

Back