"Internet Brands" = bbonline?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just got an email stating I was charged twice for a service thru "Internet Brands" and that if I want a receipt showing the charge reversal to email them. No indication this has anything to do with bbonline, but I do believe bbonline DID charge me twice for my renewal.
So, is this the same company? If yes, I'm going to let them know they should have something in their email that ties them to bbonline. Otherwise, how would I know? My payment receipt came from bbonline.

Just went to bbonline and this is at the bottom of the page:
By using the site, you signify your assent to the privacy, disclaimer, and copyright policies of Internet Brands, Inc. If you do not agree to these policies, please do not use our sites. Your usage of the site further indicates your agreement to be subject to and bound by the jurisdiction and laws of the State of California.

Just trying to make sure it wasn't some sort of scam. They really shoud state quite clearly exactly what it was they doube-billed me for instead of some non-descript email that implied I had received correspondence from them yesterday.
All the markings of a scam.

Just trying to make sure it wasn't some sort of scam. They really shoud state quite clearly exactly what it was they doube-billed me for instead of some non-descript email that implied I had received correspondence from them yesterday.
All the markings of a scam..
I know what you mean. eBay is always telling me I have an unpaid item, Paypal tells me my accunt is compromised or disabled, banks tell me my account has been accessed - all are garbage. It takes a Philadelphia lawyer to tell the truth from fiction.

BBonline was bought by Internet Brands about a year ago, I think. They sent out messages at that time , but you're right - you'd think they'd let you know what the billing/reversal was about. Other directories - purpleroofs is one I can think of - does billing through a third party but tells you what to expect.

I think I would e-mail bbonline from the bbonline site and ask. Just to be sure.

They shouold have the right name on there. And for what it is worth, they charged me 5 times instead of once over the course of a month. The did correct the improper charges, but it was still a hassle. Glad I wasn't using a debit card ;)

I was also just double charged, on Tuesday - within 1 hour apart and received 2 email statements for my file, called them right away. When I called, the girl seemed shocked at first then checked - sure enough I was right.
I received the credit email and then this morning, a canned email to "Dear Customer" which I believe is the same as yours. If I had been unaware such as you Bree, I would have thought it a scam as well. They should reference bbonline in all their correspondence. The parent company "Internet Brands" owns quite a few websites so that may be the reason for the blanket syle email. This could have happened to all their customers on Tuesday, not just us.

Thanks for the heads up, mine is due for renewal shortly.
Is this one of those chicken noodle soup without the chicken deals? You know, if we leave out the chicken on 1 in 10000 cans then we save $. Like the tortillas pack of 10 and there were only 9. If someone noticed we refund (or ignore them).
So double bill so many customers, by the time they notice we have earned SO MUCH in interest on it? You should all contact BBONLINE directly. They may have no idea this is going on.

I was also just double charged, on Tuesday - within 1 hour apart and received 2 email statements for my file, called them right away. When I called, the girl seemed shocked at first then checked - sure enough I was right.
I received the credit email and then this morning, a canned email to "Dear Customer" which I believe is the same as yours. If I had been unaware such as you Bree, I would have thought it a scam as well. They should reference bbonline in all their correspondence. The parent company "Internet Brands" owns quite a few websites so that may be the reason for the blanket syle email. This could have happened to all their customers on Tuesday, not just us..
Copperhead said:
I received the credit email and then this morning, a canned email to "Dear Customer" which I believe is the same as yours. If I had been unaware such as you Bree, I would have thought it a scam as well. They should reference bbonline in all their correspondence. The parent company "Internet Brands" owns quite a few websites so that may be the reason for the blanket syle email. This could have happened to all their customers on Tuesday, not just us.
When I got the second 'you've been billed' email I replied to that one to say it was the second one that day and to please check into it. THAT person never got back to me. Instead, I got the 'blanket' email the following day.

Thanks for the heads up, mine is due for renewal shortly.
Is this one of those chicken noodle soup without the chicken deals? You know, if we leave out the chicken on 1 in 10000 cans then we save $. Like the tortillas pack of 10 and there were only 9. If someone noticed we refund (or ignore them).
So double bill so many customers, by the time they notice we have earned SO MUCH in interest on it? You should all contact BBONLINE directly. They may have no idea this is going on..
The customer service there has changed and not for the better. When I called about the availabilty issue that I had with Webervations (that swirt brought to my attention), the person I talked to could not comprehend that there was a problem because she only put in dates for which I had no availability. Since that Webervations searched match, she could not understand the problem and didn't seem to comprehend that entering a different date would yield a different result.

I know they did change the name due to new owners but cant remember if this is it or not. Seems like it is though

Back