Internet TV?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, the house we’re moving to does not have satellite or cable but it does have wicked fast internet. The present owners have Roku. What other internet TV options have you used? What’s the best way to choose?

i realize we’re late to the game and it’s possible the TV we have is too old. (Well, one of them is definitely not going to work, but we do have one of the spares we took from the inn which is newer by about 20 years.)

What’s your go to service?

I had a Roku but like my AppleTV much better. The interface is easy, and it dovetails with all my iCloud data so I can pull up anything on my TV should i need to.

We have an Amazon firestick which works well and is portable.

Well, we use a IPTV service for standard channels. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime on Roku sticks for the guests. Got a TV with Roku built in for my mom.

We have a Firestick on one older tv and it works fine. The newer smart tv is much better to manage. Good luck!

We cut the cable cord last year and haven’t looked back. We use both Roku and Apple at the B+B and provide Amazon Prime Movies and Netflix for movies. There is an app on the Roku for our TV provider in case guests want to watch TV. If your TV accommodates a DVD player it should accept the HDMI cable from either device.

Someone who RTFM? OMG! I don't even want them manuals anymore... PDF!
We’ve asked the people who own the house we’re buying to leave the manuals, please. We left a huge box of manuals for the people who bought the inn. All the serial numbers are on there so they don’t have to crawl around trying to find them. Plus, for the keypads they need the code to change the combo. We’re old, you know that. We like paper. We can make notes on it. We can refer to it when the power is out (pretty common here). Or, we’re just old people. 😉

Back