Interview about Trip adviser! by ME!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How'd it go. I got a call from the ceeb asking me to do an interview next week..
Ceeb? is this the BBC?
The BBC is the Beeb.... The Ceeb is here.
Quite well I think! managed to get a small plug in for our national trade association Bedposts which is really trying to get our issues listened to!! Pushed the point that they are very unhelpful about namign names if you are trying to get at the real identity of people ie to sue them and that the simple way for trip adviser to make it more likely people are telling the truth is to make them say who they are. That there is no policing. Also said that I get emails sometimes twice a week from companies offering to write good reviews and post them in return for payment. So have to listen and see how it sounds on Sunday.
Quite well I think! managed to get a small plug in for our national trade association Bedposts which is really trying to get our issues listened to!! Pushed the point that they are very unhelpful about namign names if you are trying to get at the real identity of people ie to sue them and that the simple way for trip adviser to make it more likely people are telling the truth is to make them say who they are. That there is no policing. Also said that I get emails sometimes twice a week from companies offering to write good reviews and post them in return for payment. So have to listen and see how it sounds on Sunday.
It's on tape? They want me to do mine live... gulp.
I've never had someone solicit for positive reviews. I've seen posts about it. But never received one, myself.
If anyone is interested (or just bored out of their minds with nothing else to do... goo.gl/Y3Tet at about 23:00
Incidentally, the review that they read out loud is this one... goo.gl/HmQR2 which is probably one of the BEST reviews of this particular property.

How'd it go. I got a call from the ceeb asking me to do an interview next week..
Ceeb? is this the BBC?
I've never had someone solicit for positive reviews. I've seen posts about it. But never received one, myself.
If anyone is interested (or just bored out of their minds with nothing else to do... goo.gl/Y3Tet at about 23:00
Incidentally, the review that they read out loud is this one... goo.gl/HmQR2 which is probably one of the BEST reviews of this particular property.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
cheers.gif

"misremembered" good term from the host. "Their memory 'Failed' "now that's our Eph!
Good interview.

Ceeb? is this the BBC?
Wow. And we all wonder how come places like this all over the world are not shut down. At least the guests who booked thru online agencies should complain to them. And being asked to pay cash? Walk away. Especially in a 'first world' country. In a big city.

Ceeb? is this the BBC?
Eric Arthur Blair said:
cheers.gif

"misremembered" good term from the host. "Their memory 'Failed' "now that's our Eph!
Good interview.
And it's not even the worst hotel! Oh, wait it is. The rest are unrated.

Ceeb? is this the BBC?
Eric Arthur Blair said:
cheers.gif

Good interview.
And it's not even the worst hotel! Oh, wait it is. The rest are unrated.
Oh... I think it's the worst in the whole country. It's number 748 in the province (and the last one rated in the whole province).
Do you know how they tell if they need to change sheets around there... they throw them against the wall and see if they stick!
Believe it or not, some poor government employee has to actually rate them every two years. But 1 star is the default lowest rank anyway.

Back