Interview - Creative or Corny?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherry64

Reaction score
I have an interview with some innowners in a little over a week, and I was thinking of baking some muffins and/or other such baked good, and putting some in a cute little box as a present/example of my baking. Is this a good idea? Or does it seem too corny/creepy.
confused_smile.gif

Thanks for any input.

I think Cherry64 is interviewing for an Innkeeping position.

I think it's a good idea! I think Seashanty has said she has done this with her Inn interviews too.

Yes, I would think it's a good idea. Maybe not muffins (as they are probably sick of them) but what about one of the autumn themed quick breaks or the shortbread recipe that's listed on here...might be a change of pace for them.

If I am marketing my inn (and you are marketing your innkeeping abilities and the sxecond B is important) I take muffins to show an example of what my inn offers. I do not know about a cute little box - that is your call - I usually just put platters in a market basket. Perhaps an investment in a pretty (but very inexpensive) plate filled with your muffins and covered with plastic wrap to show your presentation abilities would be in order.

Yes, I would think it's a good idea. Maybe not muffins (as they are probably sick of them) but what about one of the autumn themed quick breaks or the shortbread recipe that's listed on here...might be a change of pace for them..
But muffins is what she will probably be serving to guests. She should show what she will be doing for guests.

Yes, I would think it's a good idea. Maybe not muffins (as they are probably sick of them) but what about one of the autumn themed quick breaks or the shortbread recipe that's listed on here...might be a change of pace for them..
But muffins is what she will probably be serving to guests. She should show what she will be doing for guests.
I understand that. But what I was thinking was more along the lines of initiative, creativity, and confidence. If she gets the job, they might want her to make THEIR muffin recipes. I guess it's not that important what she takes; just take SOMETHING and make it look nice.

LB is correct, this would be for an innkeeping position.
teeth_smile.gif

I don't think the owners would be too sick of muffins, since they don't run the inn and are only there a couple of weeks a year...I love the pumpkin-apple muffin that are normally make in the fall. And they have cute decorative cupcake boxes at craft stores, though a basket would be neat too.
wink_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

I don't think the owners would be too sick of muffins, since they don't run the inn and are only there a couple of weeks a year...I love the pumpkin-apple muffin that are normally make in the fall. And they have cute decorative cupcake boxes at craft stores, though a basket would be neat too.
wink_smile.gif
Good Luck Apryl, I know how badly you would like to do this!

teeth_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
Here is wishing you a good and rewarding interview.

teeth_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
Thanks Wendy! If I get this, I'll be alot closer to your inn.
cheers.gif

teeth_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
I have lost the thread regarding your showings - may they result in several offers - each better than the other!

teeth_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
Thanks Wendy! If I get this, I'll be alot closer to your inn.
cheers.gif

Well, now I'll cross my fingers AND my toes! Email me anytime if you have questions or need advice about anything...always happy to help aspire-lings!

I would think it corny. Buying their votes. I would prefer to see you as ultra professional in appearance, speech and interview. With a lovely personality thrown in for good measure - which you have. :)

bring on the corn(y)!!
it's what i do ~ and have done ~
if it's seen as a bribe, so be it. i see it as showing your personality and that you can bake (assuming you make the muffins or whatever goodie you bring). to me, if you arrived at my door carrying baked goods, i would be saying, this one is 'me'. in addition to wanting whoever they hire to have the skills an inn-owner needs, they are searching for the face of their b&b.
as an innkeeper, i hardly ever got to eat what i baked unless there was some left over! yummm

bring on the corn(y)!!
it's what i do ~ and have done ~
if it's seen as a bribe, so be it. i see it as showing your personality and that you can bake (assuming you make the muffins or whatever goodie you bring). to me, if you arrived at my door carrying baked goods, i would be saying, this one is 'me'. in addition to wanting whoever they hire to have the skills an inn-owner needs, they are searching for the face of their b&b.
as an innkeeper, i hardly ever got to eat what i baked unless there was some left over! yummm.
How'd it work? I mean, was it effective?
I wish we hardly got to eat what we baked...supersized me.

You can show up at my door with those baked goods! I think it's a lovely gesture and shows creativity.

Shoot it's so hard to get someone who wants to work that will actually show up for the interview, anything someone would bake/do to show they want the job would go far for me!!!
Riki

Back