Introduction of Riverview Bed and Breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello greetings from the Alaskan Bush. We are a new Bed and Breakfast in Bethel Alaska 400 miles west of Anchorage Alaska. It has always been a dream of mine to provide a place of rest for travelers while paying attention to the details and making them feel special. With the purchase of our home in November 08 our first item on the agenda was to remodel part of the home into a B&B. The room we provide includes a classy rustic atmosphere on the bank of the Kuskokwim River with 180 degree views, relaxing deck, private bathroom, midsize refrigerator, micorwave, coffee/tea maker, wireless intranet, cable TV, and private phone.
wondering if anyone has ideas for keeping wrinkles out of linens and cancelation policys they have found to work.
My husband and I work full time so we are always looking for breakfast ideas that are easy to provide ahead of time for our clients.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

Welcome. Lots of that information is here already if you do some searching for it.

Yes, lots of recipes all over the forum. As far as policies go, I think it's important to take a good look at other Inns in your region, if there are any. What Inns will guests consider staying in along with your own? Check out their websites and policies...it's important to be competitive...but choose policies that you can live with.

welcome.gif
and howdy from Texas!
smiley-char092.gif

Welcome! I work too and we have found that starting out what you need to do is perfect three breakfasts and that will help with the morning speed. You can mix your dry and wet ingredients the night before to save time too.
Easy fruit course starters are the fruit parfait - layer granola fruit and vanilla - fast in the am
RIki

Hello up there in Alaska. Welcome to the forum.
I just checked out your website. It looks great. The only thing I have to say is that it doesn't have online reservations. Have you considered implementing this? You'll find that there are many advantages to it.

welcome.gif
hello from cape cod, massachusetts!
cancellation policies - these are possibly as varied as there are members. i'm heading out but would be happy to come back and post something detailed later on if others don't throughout the day.
keeping wrinkles out of linens ~ smartest suggested i've heard if you only have a room or two (and the space) is to hang the folded sheets on skirt hangers. look for my thread here asking for genius laundry sorting ideas. it's in there.
good luck to you! (i've always wanted to go to alaska!)

Bienvenue from Louisiana! Beautiful area - wish I was there NOW, it is so hot here.

Breakfasts with "scut work the night before" see Bread Pudding and Baked Pineapple Toast recipes on the recipes. Both are recipes I make so my DH can turn on oven, put in oven, either serve on baking dish (BP) or flip onto platter (BPT). Even he can handle both. I have cut up the fruit and placed in ziploc bags for him to open and dump into the fruit compote the next day (one kind of fruit per baggie) and that helps speed thngs up.
Welcome nd best to you. May you be as busy as you want to be.

welcome.gif

Alaska here too....we are located in Tok.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, this is the place to come :)

I work fulltime over nights. Time is precious. I prep my quiches the night before, and put them in smaller ramekins (boats) and all I have to do is pop them in the oven in the morning, and they cook faster than a larger pan.
I have an over-the-stove GE Advantium oven/microwave that heats up wonderfully fast and is great for small chores. I do as much prep work as I can the night before. I even bake coffee cake the night before and nuke it in the morning.
Cancellation: 48 hours for single dates, one week more days. No shows get the full charge. I iron the pillowcases and the top 12" of the sheets.

Welcome!
Who are your guests? Non Alaskans or those coming from Anchorage for a romantic getaway?
Another question - where are you? Are you remote on acreage far from a town or right in a town? Is it just one room you are offering?
I ask these questions as I think this will impact your policies.
Also when you are brave enough to have some comments re your website we are here to help! Example suggestion - get rid of FREE and say Complimentary as you want it to be a bit more elegant in the wording. Enjoy the forum!

welcome.gif

Alaska here too....we are located in Tok.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, this is the place to come :).
I was going to suggest perhaps a See Alaska Inn-to-Inn but Google could not calculate the distance between you and I did that after looking at the map! I went to Google hoping to find something I was not seeing - nope looks as if there is no road from here to there! No wonder people think every Alaskan is a bush pilot!

Back