Introductions at check-in

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We write our guests names on a small "Welcome" chalkboard. This serves the purpose of making guests feel special and it also helps us to remember their names..
we also had names of the guests on the board when they arrived...except in cases where someone brought their SO and never told us their name. But, we had a guest book in the front hall where we asked everyone to sign in and then we checked them in. Also name on their receipt which we printed out...so we remembered who they are /were. Of course we only had 3 rooms so for me it was not a big deal..but I also wrote everyone's names on a piece of paper and put it on the refrigerator so my husband would remember who was who....:)
We had a piece of paper in the kitchen, too, with names on it. That was years ago. I can't keep up now. We've been hit with one-nighters and they all blend together! That may be a resolution for post season practice. Go back to cheat sheets.

I am terrible they are room numbers to me and DH I'll say the previous room 3 said etc LOL some I remember Like Mrs Roark who stayed in April as she was tiny and her son had booked her a top floor single (I did tell him) and there was no way she was going to make it so had to do a majour juggle to get her a ground floor room. So tiny lady about 4 foot tall was in a huge double with a 6 foot wide bed on her own LOL

We write our guests names on a small "Welcome" chalkboard. This serves the purpose of making guests feel special and it also helps us to remember their names..
we also had names of the guests on the board when they arrived...except in cases where someone brought their SO and never told us their name. But, we had a guest book in the front hall where we asked everyone to sign in and then we checked them in. Also name on their receipt which we printed out...so we remembered who they are /were. Of course we only had 3 rooms so for me it was not a big deal..but I also wrote everyone's names on a piece of paper and put it on the refrigerator so my husband would remember who was who....:)
We had a piece of paper in the kitchen, too, with names on it. That was years ago. I can't keep up now. We've been hit with one-nighters and they all blend together! That may be a resolution for post season practice. Go back to cheat sheets.
Morticia said:
When I do that, I forget where I put my notes.
smiley-whacky011.gif

Morticia said:
smiley-whacky011.gif

Proud Texan said:
Morticia said:
smiley-whacky011.gif
Here I'd be embarrassed by some guest walking into the kitchen and seeing the notes! They love to chat while Gomez cooks.

Morticia said:
smiley-whacky011.gif

Proud Texan said:
Morticia said:
smiley-whacky011.gif
Here I'd be embarrassed by some guest walking into the kitchen and seeing the notes! They love to chat while Gomez cooks.
Morticia said:
Proud Texan said:
Morticia said:
smiley-whacky011.gif
Maybe we could get them to wear "My Name Is" stickers at the breakfast table.

Morticia said:
smiley-whacky011.gif

Proud Texan said:
Morticia said:
smiley-whacky011.gif
Morticia said:
Proud Texan said:
Morticia said:
smiley-whacky011.gif
Maybe we could get them to wear "My Name Is" stickers at the breakfast table.
If there was a fun way to do that...some people just don't want to play, tho.
Had 2 come a little later for brekkie yesterday and they had to share a table with 2 other late arrivers. They were sitting down THIS morning at 7:55 at a table for TWO. Not gonna share again today.
Personally, tho, I wouldn't want to wear a nametag at brekkie, either. Essentially- leave me alone in the morning!

I used a dry erase board in the kitchen with a calendr which was a godsend for my "phantom" other half. I could also note packages, special occasions, and food allergies.

I am terrible they are room numbers to me and DH I'll say the previous room 3 said etc LOL some I remember Like Mrs Roark who stayed in April as she was tiny and her son had booked her a top floor single (I did tell him) and there was no way she was going to make it so had to do a majour juggle to get her a ground floor room. So tiny lady about 4 foot tall was in a huge double with a 6 foot wide bed on her own LOL.
When it's crazy busy, we are guilty of this, too. Amongst ourselves (only!) we'll say, "the couple in X room" or "the family in Y room," or the "tall man in Z" room....

Back