Inventions since the 1920's

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I cannot begin to list how the world has changed and all the inventions since my grandmother was born in the 1920's (She has a bday and we are having a special celebration for her, so I have been thinking til my thinker is sore on this subject). The incredible feats of mankind boggle the mind.
Last night I was in stuffmart and came across yet another amazing invention we all have said "Why don't they have..." and never stopped to invent it ourselves.
Perhaps I am out of the "cook out" ( as they call them here) loop. But these impressed me!
Page down....
Plate_DH.jpg

Plates with a built in drink holder!!!

There's also a plate with an open 'ring' on the edge to hang a wine glass from.

I like that! Very clever!
I mean, let me say...they have had for decades the brunch type plates in glass that have the little area for the punch cup or coffee cup, I am speaking of plastic for the beach or backyard. Nothing fancy, just smart.

I like that! Very clever!
I mean, let me say...they have had for decades the brunch type plates in glass that have the little area for the punch cup or coffee cup, I am speaking of plastic for the beach or backyard. Nothing fancy, just smart..
I have a set of those 'luncheon' plates with the space for the tea cup!

As mind-boggling as it has been since the 1920s, my Granny was born in 1887 in the horse and buggy era, even into her early married years. The day before her funeral Neil Armstrong landed on the moon. Before she died there had already been a man in Space - and I do not mean Flash Gordon either.
Just in MY lifetime ther have been unheard of changes. The first telephone I ever used did not have a dial and if you were hit with it, you would probably be dead, just with the receiver! The size of cell phones now, it would hardly be noticed. Ironing gave you muscles!
Congratulations to your Grandmother. Not counting the inventions, she survived whooping cough, typhoid, TB, polio, influenza, tetnus, and all the other diseases pre-pennicillin and other serums. Unfortunately the financial situation has gone 360 degrees back to when she was a kid. But it really is a totally different world!

Back